And so the wheel keeps turning...

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Just learned our bass player is moving 3 hours away from our closest gig. Nice of him to give us 2 weeks notice. Looks like bass player Bob is back. Luckily we ramped up a co-guitarist.

Last edited:
When I was a kid in our small hick town there were hundreds of guitar players (some really good) and very few bass players. Since I wanted to play I took up bass and got a gig right away. I was surprised, it turned out to be a lot of fun.
The make fun of the bassist thing is a long running joke that lost steam years ago. For every Bobby Dahl turd there is someone on bass who makes you crap yourself. It's a fun instrument.

When I was a kid in our small hick town there were hundreds of guitar players (some really good) and very few bass players. Since I wanted to play I took up bass and got a gig right away. I was surprised, it turned out to be a lot of fun.

I basically did the same thing, but in my 30s, lol. In retrospect, while it DID land me gigs and I improved & learned 2/3 of the fretboard, I think it was a slight hindrance to my guitar playing abilities that outweighed the benefits of becoming a better bassist. Like, if I had focused on guitar that whole time, I'd be a better player on the instrument I've always preferred. One of the best things I did for my guitar playing was putting my beautiful bass in the closet. These days I strictly play guitar and still talk shit about bassists, but the reality is that its self-depricating. :LOL:

I basically did the same thing, but in my 30s, lol. In retrospect, while it DID land me gigs and I improved & learned 2/3 of the fretboard, I think it was a slight hindrance to my guitar playing abilities that outweighed the benefits of becoming a better bassist. Like, if I had focused on guitar that whole time, I'd be a better player on the instrument I've always preferred. One of the best things I did for my guitar playing was putting my beautiful bass in the closet. These days I strictly play guitar and still talk s**t about bassists, but the reality is that its self-depricating. :LOL:

I can fake it real well. I normally play with my fingers and not a pick and understand dynamics and how to lock in. Also have enough funk chops to get through a RHCP Higher ground or Play that Funky music. I wont be making Stu Hamm jealous any day soon but I have put some time in on bass.

The make fun of the bassist thing is a long running joke that lost steam years ago. For every Bobby Dahl turd there is someone on bass who makes you crap yourself. It's a fun instrument.

You know that was started by bassists so nobody else would want to play and they could land gigs effortlessly right?

Back