An IR is not a Cabinet... What is so hard to understand?

What is it that people can't understand, even after explaining why, in detail, that an IR is NOT the same as a speaker in a cabinet?
tBJrvfa.gif

Honestly, what it really comes down to is that some products (particularly Fractal) might not be the best choice for somebody with limited knowledge of gear... If you don't already know which speakers are traditionally paired with which amps, opening the IR picker is going to roll your eyes back into your head before you even start scrolling away from the first page.

We are also talking about some end users making statements like

Is it just me or is the 2rock model a bit quieter after the latest update ?

have you considered turning up the volume?

Response : I don’t know why it changed it was fine before I should not have to adjust

We are also talking about some end users making statements like

Is it just me or is the 2rock model a bit quieter after the latest update ?

have you considered turning up the volume?

Response : I don’t know why it changed it was fine before I should not have to adjust

My personal fave from the Fractal forums apart from the all time classics of (a) this new FW is now so much more real (b) this is the last FW update I will ever need and I will never update again because its so good now and (c) I loaded the new firmware and it was so much better I found I had been playing for 63 hours straight without realising how much time had gone past .... is ....

New Fractal XX.XX FW Drops

Fractal Owner Posts:
"Thanks Cliff and the Team there is just something in this new FW that makes all my Amps sound and respond so much better now - the difference is amazing"

A day or so later Cliff [to his huge credit] posts:- "there were no changes made to the Amp Modelling in this FW"

Gets me every single time :) :) :)

Ben

If I ever find out that someone said something on the internewebs that I disagree with...
Finger Wag No GIF by Just Eat

Back