Amp in a Box

Stone

Rock Star
Howdy all, Seeing as I'm not really the type to say i wish my Fractal had this and had that, but I'm curious as to why no Laneys (Ironhearts, Supergroups) in the Fractalverse ?
I love Iommi and while i can make the tones work with whatever i can find in the Fractal
It would be nice to either see some amp models (mentioned above)
or at least a Amp in a box style pedals

Catalinbread Sabra Cadabra, I mean can't go wrong it has a VOL IV right ? and to complete the the Iommi vibe the Naga Viper Boost

1703846680970.png
1703847051639.png

:idk

Last edited:
Afaik the Laney Supergroup is basically a slightly modded Marshall Superbass, which in turn is marginally different from a Superlead. With all the Marshall options on offer in Fractal, getting those tones shouldn't be that challenging.

Laney amps, at least all the ones I've tried, have been "it's fine, but doesn't blow me away" stuff.

"Amp in a box" pedals are just weird to me because they try to shape something like a Fender Blackface type amp into something else, which will never work out that well just because the speakers used are so different. Glorified drive pedals.

Afaik the Laney Supergroup is basically a slightly modded Marshall Superbass, which in turn is marginally different from a Superlead. With all the Marshall options on offer in Fractal, getting those tones shouldn't be that challenging.

Laney amps, at least all the ones I've tried, have been "it's fine, but doesn't blow me away" stuff.

"Amp in a box" pedals are just weird to me because they try to shape something like a Fender Blackface type amp into something else, which will never work out that well just because the speakers used are so different. Glorified drive pedals.
True but the Sabracadabra is Nice for that sole purpose
and No its not that hard to replicate the Supergroup with a JTM45 with all the parameters available but there are differences in the Laney Sound
has to do with the Cathode plates and the Partridge Iron
Just need the Right IR, either a Fane Purpleback or a Goodman
and then OFC a P-90

:idk

Last edited:

Not directed at you personally, but I'm so sick and tired of this response in regard to a user asking for a particular amp that's missing from a modeler.

"Just tweak amp XXX and you'll have an approximation of amp YYY"

Totally misses the point of the ask. And it's a bit off-putting IMO.

:mad:

That’s pretty. What are we looking at?

Godin Summit Classic Carved Top P90 Electric Guitar

Skinny strings tuned down to C#...
And making it stay in tune for more than 3 minutes in a row. That's the real trick. :D

Check out the Black Country Customs Iommi Boost, too. I've never heard the Naga Viper in person, but in Captures etc. I've consistently preferred the BCC (which I now own.)

Always tempted by the Sabbra Cadabra simply by virtue of the name and graphics, but I didn't actually love the sound of it when I played it. The right Marshall model with Treble Boost is probably more effective.

Not directed at you personally, but I'm so sick and tired of this response in regard to a user asking for a particular amp that's missing from a modeler.

"Just tweak amp XXX and you'll have an approximation of amp YYY"

Totally misses the point of the ask. And it's a bit off-putting IMO.

:mad:
I know what you mean, but @laxu probably isn't trying to burst bubbles, rather doing his best to give a heads-up to some folks.

Back