Fractal Overdrive/Distortion wish list

@Stone's transformation to the quintessential Fractal User that's always asking Cliff for more, when there's thousands of options already in the box, was waaay more rapid than I could ever have imagined. :rofl

Confused Dog GIF

I mean it's been what, four or five days? :rofl

Animated GIF

God Of War Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

(Jokes aside, I would love a Keeley Fuzz Head model. It's a very unique OD/fuzz hybrid that's become almost indispensable, for me.)

Howdy all Fractal users, so what OD/Distortion drives would you like to see in any future FW updates?

Here are a few id like to see

1: Norland Electronics ODR-C (the better ODR-1)
2: Marshall the Guv'nor (the real McCoy)
3: Sabra Cadabra (it has a Vol IV Knob) or Laney Black country custom (get your Iommi going)
4: Boss Blues driver
5: Revv G3
6: MXR M75 Super Badass 75 distortion

That would be enough for me
:beer
The only real answer, good sir, is no additional drives, just a good ol Mesa Boogie Badlander. A Fillmore wouldn't hurt either.

I will say that while I prefer amp drive, the drive block in Fractal is really good and can drive the amps really well. I often use drive pedals as boosts for broken up amps to get into higher drive, just like you would in real life.

Who needs drive pedals when you have amps? New drive pedals == more stuff to ignore. There are only like 5 or 6 drive pedal designs anyway. LOL.

I agree to a large degree. I do have one AC20 preset where I use a drive for a lower gain sound but for all high gain sounds in the Fractal, I never use a drive block. If I want a front side boost, I tend to use some combination of the Input Boost or Input EQ.

I will say that while I prefer amp drive, the drive block in Fractal is really good and can drive the amps really well. I often use drive pedals as boosts for broken up amps to get into higher drive, just like you would in real life.

I use them on solos all the time to get the sustain, compression, drive, mid boost, low cut

Yes, I have an FM9.

But I prefer the fine-tuning the pedals give you.

In terms of stacking gain, I can't argue with that I just don't tend to like that sound. In terms of flexibility in tone shaping, I'll take the input EQ coupled with the input boost type Neutral all day.

The majority of the time I’m just using an amp’s drive, but there are definitely times I like using Drives in front of the amp for the main dirt tone; it’s the only way I’ve been able to get a convincing Gilmour tone, same with EJ tones (which I haven’t tried since pre-Cygnus….I should do that again). I never use the Boost in the amp block, not sure if it’s me being a creature of habit or there’s a preference in there I haven’t defined, but I always throw a Drive in front of an amp for lead boosts or the boosted 5150/Dual Rec thing.

Back