Fractal Overdrive/Distortion wish list

Hot Damn, this Slammed into a SLO-100 got me some amazing Garry Moore tone
Just love this FM9

BuxomBoost_top.png.webp

Meow !!

Last edited:
I've been experimenting a bit with the drives in the amp block recently, and just for kicks I assigned an expression pedal to the boost level on a neutral boost. So far I'm liking the results, it's similar to rolling the volume up and down on the guitar, only with a much wider range.

I look at pedal dirt and amp dirt as two totally different things. Some songs sound better with amp drive, some sound better with pedal drive, and others sound best with a combination of the two.

Usually I go for pedal overdrive when I want a tighter, more focused overdrive with more compression. And I go for amp overdrive when I want more open, less compressed, more dynamic/responsive sounds.

A Nobles would be great, as would a BD-2. Im also not entirely thrilled with the TubeScreamer model. I feel like it could be done better

I look at pedal dirt and amp dirt as two totally different things. Some songs sound better with amp drive, some sound better with pedal drive, and others sound best with a combination of the two.

Usually I go for pedal overdrive when I want a tighter, more focused overdrive with more compression. And I go for amp overdrive when I want more open, less compressed, more dynamic/responsive sounds.

A Nobles would be great, as would a BD-2. Im also not entirely thrilled with the TubeScreamer model. I feel like it could be done better

Would you not prefer the Norland Electronics ODR-C over the Nobels?

Would you not prefer the Norland Electronics ODR-C over the Nobels?
A lot of these ODR-1 variants and improvements are basically 90% the same components, with things like bass cut added. Nothing you couldn't do with the EQ controls offered in the Fractal Drive block.

That said, there's already plenty of variants of the Tube Screamer so it might as well have variants of the ODR-1 too as adding them would be most likely pretty easy.

I rarely bother with the Fractal drive block because the amp block is so flexible. If I want to turn the same amp into a "lead" version of it, then I can just copy it to another channel and adjust the amp instead. Or use the input/output EQ or the built in input boost options.

Model the Kustom Double Kross, with all of the switches. The page for real controls and ideal controls would be pretty much the same. Lol

Wow. I have only seen that amp mentioned a few times over the years.
Man, I wanted one so bad----mostly because of James Brown having
played such an huge role in the design of it.

Back