Acoustic cover of Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight. Fire ze tomatoes!

First time I saw was on the 2018 show and that was killer. Saw them last year and my seats sucked, I was behind some jackass trying to film the entire show over his head. But the music was good and Janes Addiction opened and was awesome.

Been waiting to see STP again but they haven’t come through town since 2018. They were pretty good then, but I could see how their energy is down a bit. Jeff is a great singer but not super exciting stage presence.
Jane’s Addiction and Pumpkins? That seems like the perfect combo. I’m jealous!

Full credit to STP—they sounded great. Even though I’m saddened that Scott isn’t up there on stage with them (he was my favorite singer of all the powerhouses of his era… incredible talent), Jeff does a very respectable job. He sounds a lot like Scott, but he’s not trying to emulate him 100% and I think that’s the right choice. Seems like he’s just grateful and honored to be up there with them and helping keep their legacy alive.

Pumpkins have so many songs that are a brutal onslaught of carpet-bombing guitars and hard-charging uptempo drum lines. IMO almost anything will sound a bit less epic next to that, at least in a live setting :)

Yeay Swirly! Very cool and well done
Valentines Day Love GIF by Dave Gamez

Not too shabby dude!
My favorite component in all of it is your sincerity.
You came right outta the cannon with a Corgan
look on your face.
The lyrics in that song are really great.
This song & ‘Perfect’
- really tugs of them shorthairs.

Jane’s Addiction and Pumpkins? That seems like the perfect combo. I’m jealous!

Full credit to STP—they sounded great. Even though I’m saddened that Scott isn’t up there on stage with them (he was my favorite singer of all the powerhouses of his era… incredible talent), Jeff does a very respectable job. He sounds a lot like Scott, but he’s not trying to emulate him 100% and I think that’s the right choice. Seems like he’s just grateful and honored to be up there with them and helping keep their legacy alive.

Pumpkins have so many songs that are a brutal onslaught of carpet-bombing guitars and hard-charging uptempo drum lines. IMO almost anything will sound a bit less epic next to that, at least in a live setting :)
I saw those shows!
Why I really dig Weiland is his ability to outline
the chords in the progressions with the exact vocal notes in the chords.
He’ll touch & wind-up on just the right selection of those notes in the chords creating those amazing melodies & the flavor of the vibe of the song.

I’ll tell ya what was rad man,
I saw Local H & STP when they toured together.
STP did a 3 song acoustic stint in which they
brought Weiland out on a groovy couch during that
sweet-ass cover of “Dancing Days”.
SO freakin’ good man, very exciting concert to be at.
Just a phenomenal show & both bands went ALL OUT.
Epic times my dude.

Why I really dig Weiland is his ability to outline
the chords in the progressions with the exact vocal notes in the chords.
He’ll touch & wind-up on just the right selection of those notes in the chords creating those amazing melodies & the flavor of the vibe of the song.
I know exactly what you mean! It's one of the things I also appreciated about Scott the most. His sense of melody combined with the DeLeos' vast musical influences (such as a bossa nova chord progression in Interstate Love Song) made them something special and unique. Scott was such a killer vocalist. That's awesome that you got to see them... what a memory!

I know exactly what you mean! It's one of the things I also appreciated about Scott the most. His sense of melody combined with the DeLeos' vast musical influences (such as a bossa nova chord progression in Interstate Love Song) made them something special and unique. Scott was such a killer vocalist. That's awesome that you got to see them... what a memory!
I agree, gone before his time. Unfortunately it has happened too often to too many. Music industry's moto has always been Sex, Drugs, & Rock N' Roll, unfortunately the (hard) drugs part has taken way too many from us.

Not too shabby dude!
My favorite component in all of it is your sincerity.
You came right outta the cannon with a Corgan
look on your face.
The lyrics in that song are really great.
This song & ‘Perfect’
- really tugs of them shorthairs.
Oops, I didn’t see this comment when you first posted it. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them! I agree on the lyrics :)
Great job, Swirly!
Thanks JT! :beer

Back