A modeler through a IR and please god make it stop speaker cannot sound like the same modeler through a 4x12 cabinet.

A modeler through a please god make it stop speaker cannot sound like the same modeler through a 4x12 cabinet.

• I own a modeler and a 4x12 and I agree.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • I own a modeler and I agree.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • I own a 4x12 and I agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not own a modeler or a 4x12 and I agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own a modeler and 4x12 and invite you over to show it does while we have tea and biscuits.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I thought She-Hulk was dumb, but I still liked it.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Lopp

Roadie
A modeler through a please god make it stop speaker cannot sound like the same modeler through a 4x12 cabinet in person.

Prove me wrong.

I own a modeler and a 1x12 and I agree. Not sure if that gives me the pass to give my opinion, but I believe a modeler through a cab beats IR + please god make it stop any day.

Is She Hulk any good? Does she emasculate hetero men and consume dicks? If so, that is right up my alley. :LOL:
Ask Daredevil :banana
1666092502012.png

***or an "please god make it stop" beyond a Headrush 108 or Mustang filled with an fx12.
That Mustang (which isn't loaded with an F12, thank you very much :hmm :grin ) STILL kicks butt. I have gotten away from "recommending" it but I'll sing that mufukka's praises foreva!
I own a Modeler and 2 please god make it stop's never owned an amp and Cabinet so I would not know
and nor would i ever be able to afford such a setup

giphy.gif
What Helix do you have? :columbo

I think it’s fair to say that until people actually understand this basic thing, they’ll have a hard time understanding modeling in general.

That's right. Asking a question like that is like asking people to agree or disagree, and to convince you that when a body is partially or totally immersed in a fluid, it experiences an upward thrust equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by it. You either do not understand basic laws of physics, or your toilet only has a shower, not a bathtub.

Cats do prefer the cardboard box of a modeller over the cardboard box of a 4x12 cab though, because they are more suitable for hiding

Last edited:
Well its a small room, Love my Helix (its my most prized guitar related possesion) and Happy with the tones i get out of My HR but i may upgrade those later on

Trying to get modeling with an IR through an FR device, (remember, we don't say "please god make it stop" here), to sound like an amplifier, in a room next to you, is one of the most annoying and futile things one could possibly attempt.

Masochism is a real thing. ;)

Line6, What if
take a catalyst cabinet tweak the speaker or maybe upgrade it get close to full range without the use of a tweeter
offer 3 versions 8 " 50 watt, 10" 100 watt, 12" 200 watt, include a variable watt attenuator
remove the Modelling
keep volume control along with 3 band contour EQ, perhaps a trim control as well
Back panel XLR input and 1/4 in
make a variable tiltable stand, for different angles
Price them to be please god make it stop killers
name it Helitech (hahaha)

Back