YouTube Reviewers Can’t Be Trusted?

Real :farley

LOL

I have a soft spot for red guitars.

Had a red Explorer (Gibson) sold her, regretted and bought again few months later.

In my youth a lot of guitars were red for some reason so in general I'm not the biggest fan but I must admit that the Red Reign finish looks especially gorgeous. The more natural swamp Ash back makes it even better though because of the contrast.

If nobody cares, why are so many people watching those videos?
Either very bored or as a way to avoid practicing their instrument 🎸

Or perhaps people are watching and trying to learn the craft of making money by doing nothing meaningful.
I guess a lot of people just enjoy talking and discussing gear and stuff after all, just like on this forum.
Is there a lot of discussion on those talking videos?

don’t think I’ve seen any of our members say they bought any gear that didn’t deliver what a reviewer said it would or note any discrepancies between the review and reality…
Did you happen to read the Boss SY1000 review comments on vguitarforums? That was a product where many functions didn't deliver good performance that were never mentioned by tube reviewers. Some of the bugs were fixed, but some fixes created other bugs.

Some here are members there.

1698477623440.png

Hmmm. Do people really know what hard work is? Try laying 1" steel pipe in a 5 foot ditch in 95° F heat then tell me how editing a video until 1am is hard work.

Although it was hard work listening to that video. I made it to the guitar in a box and lost interest.

Seriously, what's the appeal in watching that kind of video? It's about music. I prefer gear demos where the person is actually making music with the gear, like Brock's stuff.

But they are all so oppressed and misunderstood. You clearly don't understand. :knit:stirthepot:hmm

:beer

Introspective videos are fine. With the exception of "This channel needs to change".

Nope. Not here. Save the incessant hand-wringing for your therapist you don't have yet, but clearly need. :hugitout

That or a friend. Do Youtubers have friends? I mean, like real friends, that you can touch and shit. :LOL:

Demos are a weird thing for me. I just don't watch them. Like ever. Like never ever ever. I find it
boring and a timesuck. Sorry. Not sorry. Have better things to blow my time wad on. :LOL:

I think the last time I watched any degree of YT demos was in 2020 when I was doing modeller
research. That was helpful. But as a general rule I find YT demos a bit like going to Guitar Center
and listening to incessant noodles on various guitars and amps from people I largely am not
interested in hearing play. I wouldn't do that, so why would I do it in the "virtual" space. Not my bag.

No offense to the noodlers. Noodles can be really tasty! :chef

Yes mostly, but in general too.
Just shows very clearly the nature of the common geartuber.

I don't keep up with the guys who normally do the Line 6 vids, outside of Cordy.

I mean, I'd imagine the ad revenue would be more worthwhile than whatever they get from a company? Vids become passive income after a certain point.

Back