Your very 1st rack unit?

I lusted after the single rack ART SGE or SGX but could only afford the Multiverb LT

IMG_2743.jpeg

Buddy had the one of the T series. I think the 3 but can't remember? It didn't have a mids knob
:wat:Boo

Yeah that's the T3. Odd call for sure. The bass knob is push/pull for a mid boost. I run an EQ in the loop and it solves that problem, I can get decent high gain tones out of it.

I was gigging a Korg A3 into a QSC 1400 into 2 1-12 wedges with a 'party rock' band back in 1992ish iirc. Also playing a Steinberger GM4T with a tobacco sunburst birdseye top, EMGs, and a Transtrem so I was clicking all of the "WTF is that?" boxes. Luckily the biker bars we always played weren't "tone police" so nobody cared what I was using for gear as long as we played 'born to be wild' for each of the chapters in the house that night.

Only critique I ever got was when a hammered stumpy biker staggered up to me at the end of the set and said "you play the guitar real good, but you wear it too high like one of those jazz f**s. You gotta wear the guitar low, and PLAY BLOOZE!" Duly noted my good man, duly noted...

Rocktron Intellifex followed by a Korg Racktuner and later a Dunlop Rack Wah.
At that time I had a stereo setup with two JCM800.

Roland GS-6. I thought I was King BigDick Swinger with this one in high school. Ran it into the front of a Fender M-80 Carpet Combo :facepalm

View attachment 21588

Had one of these, too, running it into a Peavey Classic Series 60 stereo power amp. Wasn't all that bad, especially once I had a local tech building me a kind of tube pre-booster/trimmer, grabbing it's power straight from the Peavey (guy said that'd be the best solution because he wanted the high voltage or something...). Essentially, I think what that thing did was doing a slight low cut (and maybe some overtone mojo, but I rather not believe in that), resulting in quite a bit tighter sound.
All of it was running into a stereo splitted Orange 4x12 cab (which I still own).
Has been one of the first rigs that got me explicitely positive comments on my sound.
Sold the entire rack to a mate because I needed to go back to a more transportable combo solution, and from all I know he still used it for some gigs until around 2015 - go figure!

My first was a Digitech GSP Legend 21 I bought used in the mid '90s but it had a lot of problems so I brought it back and got a Valve FX instead. Since the Legend was basically unusable I consider the VFX to be my first.

I still have it in a closet in my gear room. I broke it out early last year and put it up for sale when I ordered my FM3T. Then I committed THE big mistake and tried it out with a couple of amp in a box type pedals in front of it. Naturally it sounded better than I remember it ever sounding and I promptly deleted my listing. :rofl

Where is it today? You probably guessed, back in that closet and hasn't been used since this experiment. :facepalm

When you decide to let something go NEVER try it again, just sell it and don't look back. My closet is stuffed with unused crap due to not following that rule. :bonk

Last edited:
Back