Yamaha THR30II white edition is gorgeous

anyone with an old THR is not missing much. had both old and new (THR30II), now only THR5 on my desk. has served me extremely well for the last decade and still doing fantastic job as the days go. Would be a real sad day once it stops working.

Yeah the only reason I haven't already bought one of the new ones is because I'm still 100% happy with my old THR10X

I liked the THR10 and THR10X but really wanted all the tones in one unit. The new ones have that, but only the THR30 has all of them onboard without digging into apps. Really the upside would be getting a good tone without screens.

I've been really tempted by one of these with a G10 transmitter for a while. I attend numerous pub sessions that usually involve acoustics, ukuleles, banjos, fiddles, keyboards, cajons etc. I've always wanted to be able to bring my strat along, but my Helix and monitor set up is too big and sprawling, and any small amps would still likely be too loud or directional. This and a wireless seems like the perfect solution, my only reservation is that Line 6 will allegedly be coming out with some new products in spring, and there's still market gap for a portable like this is in the HX world.

I liked the THR10 and THR10X but really wanted all the tones in one unit. The new ones have that, but only the THR30 has all of them onboard without digging into apps. Really the upside would be getting a good tone without screens.
This was the main reason that I have had bought THR30II. BUT what you must understand is that the models in the new THRII is not like for like from the old THR, which was a let down for me. I also vastly preferred the old amp models and their sounds (i have had them side by side for about 6months). The new amp models & sounded sterile to my ears. YMMV

Back