Yamaha THR30II white edition is gorgeous

Lysander

Shredder
I know this thing has been out for almost a year now, but i just caught a glimpse of it on someone's NAMM video at the Yamaha booth.

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 14-21-25.png

That's... stupidly good looking. So much that i'm seriously considering spending money on something i don't actually need but would looooove to see sitting on a shelf.

I owned a THR10II Wireless for a couple years; they sound amazing too.

Last edited:
I know this thing has been out for almost a year now, but i just caught a glimpse of it on someone's NAMM video at the Yamaha booth.

View attachment 17994

That's... stupidly good looking. So much that i'm seriously considering spending money on something i don't actually need but would looooove to see sitting on a shelf. I owned a THR10II Wireless for a couple years; they sound amazing too.
Yup. I have one. Looks great and sounds great. 👍

Meh it’s still a thr10 no matter the color. Why does Yamaha drag its feet on taking these further

Not gonna lie I’ve been eyeing the thr30 for a while. The THR10 was cool but limited and a bit small sounding. New version being wireless is intriguing too. I like the wysiwyg interface and no headphones.

I remember a decade or so ago when I first heard one of these TGR acoustic versions when I played an acoustic guitar in a shop through it, with some gorgeous reverbs. Sounded quite heavenly. Was quite the looker as well.

Not gonna lie I’ve been eyeing the thr30 for a while. The THR10 was cool but limited and a bit small sounding. New version being wireless is intriguing too. I like the wysiwyg interface and no headphones.

For whatever's worth, i tried both the THR10II and THR30II back in the day, and ended up going for the (wireless) 10II - mainly because i loved the smaller size, and found them very close tone-wise.

The 30II can definitely move a bit more air and has better low end, but it's not a night-and-day difference. They're even super close in output power (20 vs 30 Watt).

On my radar for so long...
These are making up for fantastic "utility" boxes. You can use them for busking, as a boombox, as a monitor for smaller gigs, standalone or with whatever modeling in front, it's nice for acoustics, etc.
Guess I already would've bought one in case they had a loop (to insert a looper, would be even better if it came with one) and ideally a mic preamp. That'd be my absolutely perfect amp for any such things.

And fwiw, I think the modeling is absolutely decent for anything you might be using this for.

anyone with an old THR is not missing much. had both old and new (THR30II), now only THR5 on my desk. has served me extremely well for the last decade and still doing fantastic job as the days go. Would be a real sad day once it stops working.

Back