What pedal changed your life?

313284071341536.jpg

I starting gigging with one of these in around 2000 and never went back to pedals

Dano Cool Cat transparent OD and Fuzz...

{{{Queue the laughter}}}

Yup they were shut down for stealing (copying too closely) the circuits but those pedals sound so freggin good. The transparent OD has been on my pedalboard since I got one however many years ago. Need another fuzz, old one got drenched and destroyed.. Of course prices have gotten a bit silly on the CC Fuzz..

That’s trans OD is pretty killer! I got it with a couple other pedals from Pat back in the HRI days! It’s still in my closet with one of those mini-amps.

A Morley wah when i was starting out, it started a love affair with wahs
Mine was a Vox. Funky af. Next was Morley switch less. That was a game changer :satan The Tremonti looks ehh but sounds awesome. The Maverick is my favorite.

A Sans Amp GT2, I could take that and a 7 band anywhere there was a decent clean amp to go into and get by.

This is gonna sound super biased, but I bought it 11 years before joining Line 6.

DL4 with an expression pedal.

Holy hell, so many tracks. So many other engineers asking "what's that sound?" or "what's that synth" only to be met with "DL4 pedal with an expression pedal."

Non-Line 6 pedal? Probably the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory.

The Carl Martin Panama. Finally found a modded Marshall tone in a pedal that felt like an amp… a very good amp.

Changed my life? Man o man good question!!! The original Boss (or was it Roland?) CE-1. I literally still hear the sound in my head and I’m not typically a big fan of chorus.
The Eventide H9 more recently. Led me to get an H9000 for my desk at home.
The Banshee 2 is/was fun. I currently own 2 of them but dont use them anymore. Brings back good memories, like a tattoo you remember where you got it and who did the art. You can still smell the ink. Same thing.

Yeah that was a game-changer for me too. I think I had the next version, and I just never wanted to turn it off. :love

Now no one ever wants to turn them on. ;)

My how times change. Shows how much we are also products of the time and culture we are immersed in.

Back