What is the FINAL ABSOLUTE BEST MIAB pedal?

SKU

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
I know there are similar threads out there but none of them are about the FINAL FRONTIER !!! THE BEST OF THE BEST ! ?

I've been reading about:

- MI Audio
- Bogner
- Tsakalis
- RevivalDrive
- JHS
- Citadel
- Constable
- 7something ..
- Weehbo
- A.S.

What else is there? Too many options !?!
The more factual, dealing in absolutes, posts the better! Opinion based replies are ok too ... I guess

Last edited:
Not tried them personally, but these sounds pretty damn promising, I know @2112 demoed one a while back. Beautifully built tube pedals

1707404584436.jpeg

1707404569492.jpeg

It's all subjective I suppose, not to mention the different circuits -- JTM, JMP, JCM, etc.
Only pedal I've owned from your list is an original Bogner Red which would be a modded, hotrod circuit. Great pedal but I traded it years back.
My current MIAB is a Vox Copperhead and I like it better overall tbh. It seems to capture the JMP thru to modded JCM thing pretty well.

What else is there? Too many options !?!
The more factual, dealing in absolutes, posts the better! Opinion based replies are ok too ... I guess
I see this as two categories: either an analog pedal that uses clipping diodes and transistors to approximate a Marshall like the JHS Angry Charlie or the Wampler Plexi Drive and pedals that have an actual Marshall-style tone stack (some with actual tubes), like the Friedman IR-X or the pedal you posted a above.

Last edited:
Yes. I have the original one. It sounds great and when bypassed it sucks tone like there's no tomorrow. Use with looper.
I'm quite interested in the reissue. Do you know if it has the same tone sucking buffer?

Back