What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

86217FD9-F05F-4C1D-8E20-9F32DAC7CB2A.jpeg

Loving all the guitars fellas!
I'm pickin' on this one now. '86 MIJ Squier. Have it strung up with 12-60, tuned to C#... so I've had to almost max the saddles back just to have it intonate well. A lot of fun playing this one. Dimarzio Area 58's and a Super Distortion S.
QhgrsM5.jpg

Loving all the guitars fellas!
I'm pickin' on this one now. '86 MIJ Squier. Have it strung up with 12-60, tuned to C#... so I've had to almost max the saddles back just to have it intonate well. A lot of fun playing this one. Dimarzio Area 58's and a Super Distortion S.
QhgrsM5.jpg
How do you like the Super Distortion in the bridge?

How do you like the Super Distortion in the bridge?
I like it a lot. It's voiced darker (even compared to a full size SD) than what I'd normally go for so I had to really favor the treble side when adjusting the height. But that opened it up and it sounds killer now. This guitar can be on the brighter/dryer side naturally so a darker pickup isn't a bad thing. With the 12's on it has a piano-like timbre. Thick and bold but still stringy.

I like it a lot. It's voiced darker (even compared to a full size SD) than what I'd normally go for so I had to really favor the treble side when adjusting the height. But that opened it up and it sounds killer now. This guitar can be on the brighter/dryer side naturally so a darker pickup isn't a bad thing. With the 12's on it has a piano-like timbre. Thick and bold but still stringy.
I tried a Chopper SC for a minute. It was a cool pickup and complimented the other single coils, but I’ve been wanting to try the SD.

I tried a Chopper SC for a minute. It was a cool pickup and complimented the other single coils, but I’ve been wanting to try the SD.
I played a Chopper for a bit, but it was in a guitar I had put together for someone. Great pickup too. The SD is beefier, but I think it works well with the 58's I'm using. The 58's replaced Gen4 noiseless which were brighter, even though I do like those too. But now I think it's a better match.
Yeah, you'll never know til you try. But I can say Dimarzio has never been a dud for me, no matter what model I've gotten.

Back