What do you most want from your drum software?

Why? BFD is a ROMpler. IMO there's still quite some room for a decent drum sampler.
Seems like adding triggering is part of any new sampler. That’s the part we were really going to work on. But perhaps we’ll just do the control and detect system were thinking of and have it control whatever samplers come out

The Get Good Drums thing seems to be all the rage....may have to look into that one eventually. EZ Drummer3 does just fine for me at this point though.

I basically want to select a tempo, a type of feel/genre, and a general song structure to generate a drum track with natural fills and some dynamics.
Basically this. Can't say how many times I've lost interest in little scratch projects/sketches because I burn myself out wrestling with drum vsts. Doesn't need to be super elegant, just something to help get things started in a reasonably inspirational way that's flexible enough I can decently mold it to fit what I want to do.

Basically this. Can't say how many times I've lost interest in little scratch projects/sketches because I burn myself out wrestling with drum vsts. Doesn't need to be super elegant, just something to help get things started in a reasonably inspirational way that's flexible enough I can decently mold it to fit what I want to do.

Seriously, this is precisely where Logic's Drummer absolutely excels.

I want to send it a Spotify or Apple Music link and have it perfectly spit out the drum part (in MIDI of course) and match the drum sounds of the song, complete with tempo and time signature changes.
So the next looper in an HX update could have a ‘smart drummer’ component?!? Cool! You are the man DI !!

I’d like a machine learning AI drummer that can learn what I like and that I can shout out changes to in real time…like ‘extra 8 in the bridge!’…or, ‘Make it funky’ and ‘Stop it! You are killing me with the F ing cymbals!!!’

I’d like a machine learning AI drummer that can learn what I like and that I can shout out changes to in real time…like ‘extra 8 in the bridge!’…or, ‘Make it funky’ and ‘Stop it! You are killing me with the F ing cymbals!!!’
Angry Jazz Band GIF by Peacock

So the next looper in an HX update could have a ‘smart drummer’ component?!? Cool! You are the man DI !!

If AI ever becomes sentient and holds a grudge, they're going to kill our asses. :rofl

Back