What do you don't care about at all, that others care about a lot?

Same here, I don't care about profiling / capturing at all. I don't own a collection of amps to profile, I suspect many don't, and the idea of being locked into a snapshot of an amp that someone else created has zero appeal to me.
I do own a collection of amps and have absolutely zero interest in profiling any of them.

Buying a bunch of cheap shit trying to sound like something expensive that I actually want.
I went through that whole song and dance for 10+ years, when I could have just spent the money on the good stuff first and be done with it. :facepalm

edit: of course I had to go through that other stuff to really discover what ticks my boxes, so I guess it wasn't a total waste.
edit+: sorry, I guess I sorta messed up the spirit of the question? In that case, I definitely don't give a solitary fuck about profiling tech. :rofl

Last edited:
Knowing latency down to hundredths of milliseconds like it matters.

Fat necks.

Laurel or Pau Ferro fretboards. And people who believe they can hear the difference between them and rosewood based on a handful of dissimilar guitars.

Every new device brings a slew of posts on how it doesn't fit their exact use case.

Helix floor and FM9 are way too big to use for gigs.

A M P . . . I N . . .T H E. . .R O O M ! ! ! !

Helix floor and FM9 are way too big to use for gigs.
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Buying a modeler to try and make it sound like an amp, any amp, or one I own. There's so many great tones on tap that I just don't need to waste my time doing that.

Gloating.

In the last three days, I’ve had three separate people give me the “I’ve been” “playing the guitar,” or “working in the studio,” or WHATEVER “for over 50 years!”

I don’t give a flying FUCK about your accomplishments. NONE of them automatically make you an expert in ANYTHING!

I'm not that fussed about guitars to be honest.

I mean, I love guitar. I love playing my guitars. The few that I own.

But I don't really follow the developments of them, or go on long tangents about how this years new Fenders are dope/shit/meh, etc etc.

I play my Orville and that's about it. I'm much more of a nerd about amps, pedals, and other bits of music tech. Guitars themselves aren't that interesting to me.

Back