What artist is the modern version of some famous artist?

laxu

Rock Star
The artists and bands that many of us have listened over the years are getting old. Some have packed it in because many of the band members have died. Some have only one person from the original lineup left. Some are still out there, but close to retirement age.

The purpose of this thread is to showcase artists that you could say "this is like the modern version of this famous band."

I'll start with an easy example: Airborne is like the modern AC/DC.

Greta van fleet & rival sons, like the modern version of led zeppelin

Last edited:
People often compare Tim Miller and Alex Sill to Allan Holdsworth but I’d disagree.

They have their own voice and it’s very distinct from Allan, which is great.

P.S:
Misha Mansoor keeps name dropping Holdsworth in his interviews and how people compare them both.

Maybe he wrote a solo in guitar pro that had some outside notes..
Needs to stick to his usual marketing.

xAzFdEUlpPThtHCQQ63VcnrjW76HHe_hWS_6AmEzi0I.png

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!

WANNABE modern version of Zep.

:giggle:
These bands are basically just doing an imitation of other bands. I'm not a "no good music has been made in the last 40 years" person by any means. I'd just rather see people doing their own thing.

These bands are basically just doing an imitation of other bands. I'm not a "no good music has been made in the last 40 years" person by any means. I'd just rather see people doing their own thing.

Within 3 seconds of that Rival Sons song you knew they were aping Zep's stop/start approach to verses as heard in Out on the Tiles and The Wanton Song. Really pathetic actually. Guess their game plan is to hope most of the listeners are too young to know.

Within 3 seconds of that Rival Sons song you knew they were aping Zep's stop/start approach to verses as heard in Out on the Tiles and The Wanton Song. Really pathetic actually. Guess their game plan is to hope most of the listeners are too young to know.
Also - two identical heads on one 4x12?

I actually thought they were doing a cover of Out On The Tiles at first, and stretching out the beginning or something until he started singing.

Back