What Are Your Favorite Riffs?

did anyone see this song absolutely go fucking bonkers at coachella. i love these dudes so much.

This one is a bit cheesy, but it's just so over-the-top / right-on-the-nose hard rock that I can't help but love it:

My favourite Van Halen tune, Mean Street. Adore everything about it, but especially the outro riff just after the breakdown.
Pete Thorn said on a video one time that the pick scrape sounded like a bolt of lightning hitting the ground and it's such a perfect analogy considering the lyrics there. Best pick scrape ever. :love
⚡️ "Lord, strike that poor boy dowwwwn!"⚡

I don't really have favorite licks, but this one really caught my attention when I first heard it, and it still sounds cool. The lick starts at 1:42, but the lead-in (starting at the beginning of the link) sets it up.

Tool - Prison Sex

RATM - Maggie's Farm

ISIS - Holy Tears

ISIS - Celestial (The Tower)

Deftones - You've Seen The Butcher

Maggie's Farm :chef

STP - Down

I've got a massive mind blank at the minute. I'll have to think of some more.

This one is a bit cheesy, but it's just so over-the-top / right-on-the-nose hard rock that I can't help but love it:

My favourite Van Halen tune, Mean Street. Adore everything about it, but especially the outro riff just after the breakdown.
Pete Thorn said on a video one time that the pick scrape sounded like a bolt of lightning hitting the ground and it's such a perfect analogy considering the lyrics there. Best pick scrape ever. :love
⚡️ "Lord, strike that poor boy dowwwwn!"⚡

You have GREAT taste. Sir. :beer

I had that Accept album on Vinyl in the mid 1980s and would often crank the shit
out of it before school in the mornings. :headbang

Back