What Are You Working On Right Now?

Healing.:cuss
Last Thursday I sliced a chunk off the side of my fretting forefinger with a big box knife, ceramic blade. Gauzed it all up and it eventually stopped bleeding and started to scab over. Two days later it doesn't feel right, throbbing and such. I poke around to find out it'sxa no-no to use gauze direct... sticks right into the wound and is bound to get infected like, real bad.

Tearing the gauze away on Sunday morning was one of the longest, more drawn-out painful things I have ever experienced.

Has been bound again with a non-stick pad, for a couple days with bit of antibiotic cream Just changing the dressing tonight, letting it air out a bit first. No guitar for me for at least a couple weeks. At least it's not hot and pulsing and seems to be moving along OK.

So as I move into the next section of the Paganini piece, Moto Perpetuo, I've been stretching myself by learning..., I didn't realize that of the 2 versions of it that are "tabbed" out on Songsterr, the one I chose is an octave higher, and it takes you on up to the 29th fret on the high e!

Wait a minute...., my frets don't go that far!! ARRGGGHHH

So for this section, in addition to altering the tabs to make it actually playable on a guitar (many lines stay all on a single string, from the 22nd fret on down to the 2nd, and I'm no YJM), I first have to transpose it down 5 steps!

And since I've already learned a major portion of it, and I'm NOT about to transpose THAT, I figure I've just use the VC in the Axe III, for just that section.

But as I mentioned earlier, doing this sort of thing is really helping me improve my knowledge of the fretboard. So there's that.

And it still amazes me at NP's skill in creating melodies within the chords. This ain't no Taylor Swift, pop music for the masses, that's fer sure!

So as I move into the next section of the Paganini piece, Moto Perpetuo, I've been stretching myself by learning..., I didn't realize that of the 2 versions of it that are "tabbed" out on Songsterr, the one I chose is an octave higher, and it takes you on up to the 29th fret on the high e!

Wait a minute...., my frets don't go that far!! ARRGGGHHH

So for this section, in addition to altering the tabs to make it actually playable on a guitar (many lines stay all on a single string, from the 22nd fret on down to the 2nd, and I'm no YJM), I first have to transpose it down 5 steps!

And since I've already learned a major portion of it, and I'm NOT about to transpose THAT, I figure I've just use the VC in the Axe III, for just that section.

But as I mentioned earlier, doing this sort of thing is really helping me improve my knowledge of the fretboard. So there's that.

And it still amazes me at NP's skill in creating melodies within the chords. This ain't no Taylor Swift, pop music for the masses, that's fer sure!
Maybe you need a sky guitar like Uli lol

Maybe you need a sky guitar like Uli lol

Man I'm sitting here thinking, "Where are my glasses" enough, as it is, getting my pinky to land on the 24th fret! :rofl

I have a VC! I don wan no mo frets!

Plus, I'm realizing, albeit a bit too late for this workout, that by transposing shit downward somewhat, it gives me more options for how/where to play the highest parts.

Although tbh, that's not always a good thing....

There's this one run, starting way up on a high A (the 29th fret I don't have), that I played 4 different ways before I found the fingering I liked the best. It had to work its way on down to the Eb on the 6th string, so..., lots of choices as to how to finger it, and where the most comfortable position shifts would be for me.

Which is another thing- get it memorized, then start playing it a bit faster, and then it's like, Oh wait. Lemme change that part too. :rofl:rawk

Man I'm sitting here thinking, "Where are my glasses" enough, as it is, getting my pinky to land on the 24th fret! :rofl

I have a VC! I don wan no mo frets!

Plus, I'm realizing, albeit a bit too late for this workout, that by transposing shit downward somewhat, it gives me more options for how/where to play the highest parts.

Although tbh, that's not always a good thing....

There's this one run, starting way up on a high A (the 29th fret I don't have), that I played 4 different ways before I found the fingering I liked the best. It had to work its way on down to the Eb on the 6th string, so..., lots of choices as to how to finger it, and where the most comfortable position shifts would be for me.

Which is another thing- get it memorized, then start playing it a bit faster, and then it's like, Oh wait. Lemme change that part too. :rofl:rawk
Very impressive, Tom - glad you found something uber inspiring to work on!

I moved on aftee Anthrax's Indians and stumbled upon Def Leppard's Coming Under Fire. Cool intro riff and it's fun, I think I'm out of the rut!

Back