What are you GAS'ing for at the moment ?

I'm not getting it. At least not today. They wouldn't accept my offer, and as soft as the market is right now, I'm not budging. It wasn't a ridiculous offer, and we were $259 apart.

Told the dude I had bought a Majesty from them, had this guitar on my web browser for months, so I really want it, and have cc in hand.

He even put me on hold, so I imagine he asked someone higher up, but probably failed to mention anything else other than my offer, but I'd have no way of knowing.

Fuck 'em. They lost a sale today. Chuck's has one I'd like to own also, but the strings aren't perfectly centered (and that's a peeve of mine.) I think I'll call them and make the same offer, contingent upon them seeing if that neck can be shifted slightly.

Sorry, man! Those unexpected expenses can crush hopes and dreams. Hope you
get an unexpected bounty to offset it!! :beer

That would be sweet. A lottery win would cover it, it wouldn't have to be a lot. I mean I'm not greedy you know? Say something like....

1 Billion dollars would cover it.
1000035497.gif

They have those insane lotteries here in the States that push a $1billion regularly. I'll buy you
a ticket and split it with ya!! :beer

Seriously!

Going for a two-fer this weekend. :LOL:

Welp, I reached out to 2 other stores, and neither would meet my offer. So I guess my GAS has been deflated.

I almost feel like starting a spreadsheet with maybe 3 companies, and tracking their inventory times on a few items I have considered buying in the past year- a JP15, or a Kaizen. Almost. :rofl

Screw it. I'll continue to enjoy what I have. And I DO!

They have those insane lotteries here in the States that push a $1billion regularly. I'll buy you
a ticket and split it with ya!! :beer

Seriously!

Going for a two-fer this weekend. :LOL:
1000035498.gif

Anything here, Tom?

Thanks, I did check out the link, but I think I'm done looking for now. The whole idea has kinda gone sour for me, for the time being.

I bet you're right on the money (pun intended?) about dealers having sales mandates with manufacturers re bottom lines they can't cross.

But even if they do, heck, have some salesmanship abilities FFS, and offer to throw in some strings, or cables, or even a POS shit pedal. Something.

The last dealer I made an offer to, came back at me $400 higher, and when I said no thanks, they didn't even try to makes the sale by some other means.

I was in sales for a brief time, and my boss was very good at it. He taught us to recognize the "Buying Signals," things like, "I have my credit card out, and will buy this guitar today..." and then find a way, even if it's creative, to make the sale. I just don't get it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But anyway, enough about me trying to buy a new guitar. Time for some actual playing!! :rawk

Somewhat Music related Since I sit and Play and would be great as well for my long hours of Work

View attachment 20177
A good office chair, bed and sofa are pretty much essential purchases for any home.

I've used the same Steelcase Gesture I bought in 2014 or something. Still almost good as new.

I got very tempted by a good deal on a JVM410 combo, but… combo fears, so… I told myself to go to bed.

Back