What Amp Sim/Plug-In To Get The Tone Of Jimmy Page ?

PLX

Shredder
TGF Champion
Hey, hey what can I do to get this tone with a plug-in ?

:unsure:

I bet this Friedman DS-40 sim would get pretty dang close.

Shit, or the Buxom Betty one.

These guys have the Marshall DNA down! Best ones I've tried out of a bunch.

Or this is you have the extra cash.

I thought he primarily used Vox, Fender, Orange, Supro and HiWatt amps in the studio ?

He used a Marshall JMP for live shows.

Since getting on with a Telecaster for the first time in my life I have realized how much I never really
knew Page's recorded tones. I am literally hearing all those Zep tunes with new ears. I now understand
that the Tele offered him that bite and articulation you just don't ever get with an LP.

For as much as we know about Jimmy Page he has to be one of the most understood guitarists from a
tone perspective. I know I did. Clueless. :LOL:

Since getting on with a Telecaster for the first time in my life I have realized how much I never really
knew Page's recorded tones. I am literally hearing all those Zep tunes with new ears. I now understand
that the Tele offered him that bite and articulation you just don't ever get with an LP.

For as much as we know about Jimmy Page he has to be one of the most understood guitarists from a
tone perspective. I know I did. Clueless. :LOL:

The humble tele

adrian monk series GIF

I thought he primarily used Vox, Fender, Orange, Supro and HiWatt amps in the studio ?

He used a Marshall JMP for live shows.
A Marshall is all over LZII, as well as parts of every album after. Physical Graffiti and Presence are just about 100% Marshall. He did use all those other amps but mostly on LZ1 and LZII.

BN-CZ864_0530ZE_H_20140529131104.jpg

Last edited:
Back