New laptop Windows 11, Reaper, Helix Native plug in window stays at logo 'Welcome Richard..."

Sadly this is a known issue that Line 6 cannot fix (yet). Many had to sail the seven seas to use the software we paid for. I got lucky that changing SSD drives worked for one computer. I’ll paste the tickets I have for this issue but there is much more at tgp and the line 6 forums

Last edited:
Is your machine online? I think it better should be for the first start (as lame as that might be). And if so, is any firewall blocking Reaper from net access? Same thing, for this moment it should be allowed...
You could as well try with another host, I seem to remember some weird (but apparently true) stories of people "fixing" their authorization issues that way. if you have nothing else but Reaper, there's something like the free Savihost (which is actually quite neat in case should you ever want to run HXN sort of like in standalone mode).

Hi, Richard!

Post a screenshot and also try it in a different host.

Yes it seems to log in and then stall without ever finishing the population of Native user interface in the plug in window in Reaper

You may need to register that software, Line 6 account login in web browser > Silhouette icon (top right corner) > Activations and then activate Helix Native.

If you login to your Line 6 account in a web browser and then click on the Silhouette icon (top right corner) and go to Authorized Devices, does your computer name show up there? You are only allowed to have so many computers authorized to a product (I think it's 4 or 5) until you have to de-authorize a computer.

You may need to register that software, Line 6 account login in web browser > Silhouette icon (top right corner) > Activations and then activate Helix Native.

If you login to your Line 6 account in a web browser and then click on the Silhouette icon (top right corner) and go to Authorized Devices, does your computer name show up there? You are only allowed to have so many computers authorized to a product (I think it's 4 or 5) until you have to de-authorize a computer.
Thanks,
currently it looks like I have room for another device:

"NOTE: To authorize your computer or Line 6 Hardware, you must run the Line 6 License Manager.

You currently are using 4 out of 5 active devices.

You currently are using 7 out of 11 lifetime devices."

Weird that two of the actives are the same device and assigned on the same day. One being identified as BigSur and the other simply OS10. I'll probably be deauthorizing both entries anyway so the mystery can remain as far as I'm concerned. The lifetime devices limit kind of sucks as I tend to break my laptops or they go obsolete from processor advancement. I imagine my need for Native will outlast the lifespan of my remaining lifetime slots.

It also says that I 'may need to run the license manager'...could that be the hold up?
I dont think I have anything other than Native and an editor for Helix and librarian for HX1 installed on the new laptop.

Just tried again after installing license manager, even though I had not hit the limit it said I had too many of 'that type' so I de authorized all but one and now it works!
Many thanks. And hey, Line 6! we need an adjustment to the lifetime devices limit to reflect the built in obsolecence manufacturers depend on for selling more product. Line 6 isnt 'that kind' of company and they are dragging you guys down into the mud by virtue of their methods.

Last edited:
See if at the Line6 Server says your computer that its registered to is "Windows 8" even though its windows 10 or 11. If so you are screwed and that will be one of the ones which will never open correctly. We haven't really found a way around this with Line 6 support, but its a common thread among many of these

Same issue will affect HX Edit
1709229168838.png

See if at the Line6 Server says your computer that its registered to is "Windows 8" even though its windows 10 or 11. If so you are screwed and that will be one of the ones which will never open correctly. We haven't really found a way around this with Line 6 support, but its a common thread among many of these

Same issue will affect HX Edit
View attachment 19301
This and the install drive location were the causes I have seen historically with this issue.

Back