What’s your favorite “Not Flagship, something different” guitar from a manufacturer?

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
So there’s the Gibson Les Paul, the SG, even the V and Explorer. But then there’s the weird shit too; I dig the Nighthawk. There’s the Fender Strat, the Tele……but then there’s the Fender Lead III.

What’s your favorite “off the beaten path” guitar from a manufacturer, big or small?

Lately, I’ve been massively digging this used PRS DC3 we got in. It’s like a PRS and a Strat made love and had this weird baby. Very cool in its not quite Stratness.

IMG_0131.jpeg

I’m probably, most likely an idiot. I don’t own it but kind of want a Fender Uptown Strat. Weird af? Check. Short scale, dual humbucker, with trem that’s not an ugly prs? Bonus points for weird finish, block inlays on a strat style. Like the best of both worlds (or worst of all worlds?) of Fender and Gibson. Sign me up.

I’m probably, most likely an idiot. I don’t own it but kind of want a Fender Uptown Strat. Weird af? Check. Short scale, dual humbucker, with trem that’s not an ugly prs? Bonus points for weird finish, block inlays on a strat style. Like the best of both worlds (or worst of all worlds?) of Fender and Gibson. Sign me up.
Holy shit that fucking rules! I’ve never seen that one before.

1684098534025.jpeg

I have an RG550 Genesis that is by far the cheapest guitar I own and it is excellent.
IMG_3053.jpeg

It has some Ron Ellis pafs in it ATM . The guitar has a really good acoustic tone and no issues at all. I just fret dressed it and replaced the electrics .
IMG_2893.jpeg

The new version square heel sounds a lot better than the original.
IMG_2891.jpeg

Full surface contact with no overhang.

I love the fender jaguar mustang etc from fender since forever, they are my favorite looking guitars .

My PRS semi hollow vela is such a *****kng beast, I love this guitar

Recently saw a local band and the guitar player was using a Gibson Vegas high roller. Only was made for a couple years I guess and didn’t sell well but I’m obsessed and it’s on my bucket list
The Vela SH is on my shortlist. I LOVE that guitar. Probably ordering one soon, as the wait is currently 18-24 months.

It’s so good, can’t even believe it. At this point I probably like it almost as much as my LP which is not somethkng I thought I’d ever say about any guitar

They’re a bargain on the used market too!!
I'm probably ordering the Vela SH in McCarty Tobacco, and then the S2 CU24 in Fire Red Burst. If I'm going to wait for that long, might as well get the orders in.

PRS Mira, especially the early pre-S2 models. Compact and light with the same feel as a cu24. They're also quite affordable compared to the rest of the core lineup. The Starla and Vela are fun too.

I used to drool over the Nighthawks in a Gibson catalogue I had as a teen. The MIII is kinda strange for the big G but I dig it too. Howard Roberts Fusion is another I'd live to find one day.

Fender Showmaster and Prodigy were pretty cool superstrats.

Back