What’s your favorite “Not Flagship, something different” guitar from a manufacturer?

Well for me its this one since I'm GAS'ing for it lol

20230120055138-A2.6W20-20FRONT20HORIZONTAL.png
I have two A2.6s and LOVE them both.

As for the thread title, it’s my Japanese market Warbeast. Light, thin, wicked looking and plays like butter:

6Qqk5bT.jpg

I'd say, on paper, a Vela, BUT, all the ones I've played are too light, and have neck dive, and I like the wide thin neck more.

The short-lived Ibanez SZ line. I’ve posted mine a bunch but that one is the most basic/cheap version, they had some nice Prestige versions as well.

9hof4tzbugt51.jpg

fdaqm0rke90regekdj1t.jpg

IMG_0994.jpeg

They were essentially Ibanez’ trying to jump into the PRS waters a bit, they were big with the nu-metal guys who weren’t playing 7-strings. Thick mahogany bodies, as basic as they can get and built like tanks. If I never got bit by the LP bug, I’d most likely have a few of these.

+1 for the PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin. Mine is sunburst but I wash I had the cherry version (actually wish I had the gloss cherry). It's a killer guitar, very lovely sounding, plays awesome, used to be a bargain but now just not as expensive as the competition.

I used to have a Mira in gloss red cherry but it didn't sound as good as the Standard. So this would be my pick.

PRS-S2-STANDARD-24---VINTAGE-CHERRY-angel-left__16403.1654618004.jpg

For Gibson, I would love to try one of these gold mist Firebirds. Super cool and unique pickups.

gbhb334c165-xl-02.jpg

For Fender, they aren't super rare and quirky, but Jazzmasters are pretty cool. I mean compared to the number of Strats and Teles sold, these are definitely something different.

1-29.jpg

I keep thinking I will find a finish that makes this work for me. So far; no luck And I am 100% cool with guitars that might be considered a bit, um; "unique"

See thru white is the finish I fell in love with initially years ago. Remember that poor dude on HCAF with the bag over his girlfriends head photo shops? He had a really kick ass one

Can't really find any good looking photos of one on google at the moment
thumb_d_gallery_base_aaba9398.jpg

Back