What’s the Japanese LP hierarchy?

I've been to quite a few places - off the top of my head Tokyo, Kamakura, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima Island, and Osaka. We did an inter-rail trip for our honeymoon back in 2012. Did a sweet kimono marriage pic too!
1707429459450.png

:rofl

Tokyo is fucking great. For guitarists, you want to head straight to Ochanomizu. The main street there is just full to the brim with guitar shops. My Mecca any time I go there!

That's cool as fuck, Orv. :beer

That inter-rail trip sounds fantastic. :love The outlying places and interior are more my
cup of Japanese Tea than are the massive Metro areas like Tokyo, where my over-stimulated
can't possibly take it all in self gets triggered. :LOL:

I've been to quite a few places - off the top of my head Tokyo, Kamakura, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima Island, and Osaka. We did an inter-rail trip for our honeymoon back in 2012. Did a sweet kimono marriage pic too!
View attachment 18423

Tokyo is fucking great. For guitarists, you want to head straight to Ochanomizu. The main street there is just full to the brim with guitar shops. My Mecca any time I go there!

That's a great picture. I'd love to go to Japan. I'd probably have option paralysis with all the cool guitars, pedals and electronic components on sale though .

View attachment 18423

This woman puts up with a lot I am betting :hmm:rofl:beer

I'm in Japan right now, I already scored a used (but brand new condition) SA Nemesis for dirt cheap! Seen some incredible guitars too but unlikely to buy anything. Probably going to focus on pedal deals...if I can figure out what to buy because Get Stomp in Ikebukuro had every brand I know and I could spend my whole vacation there before having tried everything.

Some gear is as expensive as in Europe and others can be a decent deal. Strymons were similar to used prices in Finland so I might get a Flint V2 or El Cap V2.

As for guitar ranking, Tokais with a high model number are a good option. The model naming is based on their price in Yen so old vs new can vary a lot for the same model. But generally when the model number is above 180-200K you are in the higher end territory.

Navigator is the upper end option, they are built by ESP Japan.

There are probably some less known Japanese brands, you might want to check out the listings on Ishibashi or Ikebe Gakki websites.

Nghhhhh.... really wondering about MIJ Les Paul's myself now!!! Being a lefty.... well... there is a shop In Tokyo that has a floor dedicated to left handed guitars. Who knows.... might have something tasty there. Can't wait.

For actual LPs I think it's Tokai LS540, LS420, LS320 etc - the high end Tokais. The older, the pricier since the numbers represents or used to represent the cost in thousands of yen at release time.
And then there are the Bacchus and other Deviser brands including their custom shop.
Then there are the Gibson brands Epiphone Elite/Elitist, Orville by Gibson
Then I think the myriad of other clones like Burny, Greco, Aria, Ibanez etc - which also had some great examples of LPs.

I personally have the Tokai LS1 R9 made for Faber Germany. I think it's similar to a Tokai LS250 in terms of quality. I love that guitar!

Jesus how did this thread get this far without mentioning Burny. Those have become one of my favs as far as really nailing the vibe.

I actually thought about that the other night when I was out to eat, completely randomly popped in my head. :rofl

Back