Wazzup?? I'll Open Up With Something Controversial: What Guitarist Don't You "Get"?

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
For me it's a toss-up between Hendrix and Clapton. Yeah, I know. Sacrilege. Never been a fan. I mean, I can appreciate what Jimi did for guitar, waaay back in the 60's, but to read people claim that he's still the GOAT??? After EVH came along? That I just don't get.
And yeah, I listened to the isolated track of While My Guitar Gently Weeps solo, and it's really melodic and all that, but all I hear is a guy noodling. God? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Now Gilmour, EVH, Lifeson, Petrucci..., those guys I get. (Guess that's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors.)

How bout you?

Clapton and Santana, probably others but off the top of my head those two stick out. Santana is laughable often and Crapton is a racist POS.

Right on, glad to see ya here!

And yeah, Clapton and Santana are my two biggest guys. Especially Sanana, Clapton’s at least put some songs out I dig and he’s played some good stuff. Santana has not released a single fucking song I can tolerate for more than 15 seconds and I understand how someone CAN make a Mesa sound like it’s covered in mud, I just don’t understand WHY they would.

Right on, glad to see ya here!

And yeah, Clapton and Santana are my two biggest guys. Especially Sanana, Clapton’s at least put some songs out I dig and he’s played some good stuff. Santana has not released a single f*****g song I can tolerate for more than 15 seconds and I understand how someone CAN make a Mesa sound like it’s covered in mud, I just don’t understand WHY they would.
Go back and listen to "Santana" or "Abraxas", and how he sits in that sound, playing with, essentially, Journey.

Abraxas was literally 52 years ago though, when he was still very heavily influenced by Mahavishnu. Left to his own devices that all went away
Right, but that's where his rep comes from. Sort of like how everyone ignores the fact that Clapton hasn't done anything good since "Layla".

Back