Volume Pedal Gigrig FX Loop

PMR

Hi Guys, wondering if someone could help with Volume pedal routing with the Gigrig G3. I want to run it in the effects loop of my amp for swells whilst not losing gain from the amp. I'm using a Dunlop DVP5 (250K) and have the FX loop set up in loop 6 on the G3.
I'm losing gain when dialing back on Volume pedal but still getting trails (I've tested the volume pedal straight into the fx loop and it works fine so I must be going wrong somewhere along the chain.

Would be very grateful if someone could help. Cheers

What order are your loops in???

If you're running: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12... and your amps FX loop is loop 6... then you'd want your volume pedal in loop 7... and then any ambient effects in loops 8+.

But bear in mind, you can rearrange the order of the loops on G3. It is very flexible, just depends how you've got it all connected currently.

If you're losing gain, then that means your volume pedal is either in loop 1-5, or your FX loop order puts the volume pedal before loop 7.

G3 doesn't have a dedicated volume loop. They expect you to use one of the regular ones.

Reactions: PMR
@Orvillain Thanks ever so much for getting back to me.

Signal chain is Mono 4CM.

Gtr ➡️ Boss NS-1X ➡️ Drop ➡️ Wah ➡️ G3 Input
1 - Thorpy Muffroom Cloud
2 - Suhr Comp
3 - Boss EQ200
4 - Revv G2
5 - H90
6 - FX Loop
7 - Boss NS-1X
8 - Boss EQ200
9 - Keeley Halo
10 - H90
11 - Flint
12 - Cloudburst

I don't have any spare loops. Is there a way I could use Loop 6 (FX Loop) with the Volume pedal?

Cheers

I don't have any spare loops. Is there a way I could use Loop 6 (FX Loop) with the Volume pedal?
You could try having it in loop 7, along with the NS-1X ??? If it is always going to be after your amps FX loop.

So... loop 7 send into NS1X input... then NS1X output into volume pedal input... volume pedal output into loop 7 return?

Sounds like a cool board btw - would love to see a picture!

Back