Used like new JVM410. Is it worth $1200?

The Satch one had the gate which is cool in my book. But I feel like the brutal would be compromised (without any real evidence that it would be).

So the parallel one, right?

The one labeled “power amp insert/series loop” is the one I switched to later on and preferred

The loop the manual reccomends for “normal” usage is labeled “series/parallel loop” which that name never made any sense to me either :LOL:

I reckon if there’s one Marshall amp you’d like, it’s probably this one.
Comedy Central Lol GIF

In the UK a JVM410H can be had for anywhere between £500 and £900. So $1200 is top-end of what they'd cost here, but it certainly isn't a BAD deal.

Personally I think they're still a certain kind of "sleeper" amp... because a lot of people think they're shit and overgained and thus noisy... but that's coz C*nts dial stuff in with their eyes and not their ears.

Just bear in mind if you want to use it live, the FX loop blows and the channel switching gap/latency/silence whatever you want to call it, is quite annoying.

The Satch JVM is a better buy. But you won't get one of those for $1200.
This post just about convinces me I’m better off with the FM3’s JVM models and some random power amp. (Which I already have - huzzah!)

In the UK a JVM410H can be had for anywhere between £500 and £900. So $1200 is top-end of what they'd cost here, but it certainly isn't a BAD deal.
I sometimes think of picking one up, these go for about 750 € give or take used in Finland, that's $816 or £632.

But then I start thinking that it's wider than my 4x10 cab, so it would look goofy on top of it. It's also heavy and I already get all the Marshall tones I need from BluGuitar. I see something like this as that "control amp" that will tell you that "yes, your digital or SS rig does sound/feel just as good". Which isn't necessarily a good reason to own one.

Most of my "should I buy" threads in the last...9 months; maybe even year (?) have ended up this way.
I do it all the time. “I should buy a ***** because I’m already so happy with my modeled *****.” When there’s no guarantee that the real thing will be more or even as gratifying. And it’s almost a certainty that the real thing will be a pain in the ass in some way (not to mention expensive.)

(Usually ***** = ENGL something or other.)

9x out of 10, my cheapskate reflex saves the day LOL.

I sometimes think of picking one up, these go for about 750 € give or take used in Finland, that's $816 or £632.

But then I start thinking that it's wider than my 4x10 cab, so it would look goofy on top of it. It's also heavy and I already get all the Marshall tones I need from BluGuitar. I see something like this as that "control amp" that will tell you that "yes, your digital or SS rig does sound/feel just as good". Which isn't necessarily a good reason to own one.
I don't really agree to be honest. I've got 8 valve amps, and if something savage happened and I had to sell them all in order to not be homeless or something like that, I'd sell the 7 and keep the JVM. While it doesn't sound like a 6505+ and it doesn't sound like a Diezel and it doesn't sound like a Dual Rectifier, it is an extremely good sounding and super flexible amp.

You could quite happily throw your BluGuitar at a tramps face and run away laughing once you had a JVM.

You could quite happily throw your BluGuitar at a tramps face and run away laughing once you had a JVM.
I definitely could. Because it's only 1.2 kilos, it's actually physically possible to throw and not get charged with attempted murder! :satan

I've just decided that I don't want to own a lot of amps. I used to have 3 - a Bogner, Victory and the BluGuitar. I found I ended up playing one of them more and the others collected dust, so I always felt guilty about owning these great amps and not using them.

I don't mind having multiple guitars, but several amps and cabs take a good chunk of space, swapping cables is a chore etc.

I definitely could. Because it's only 1.2 kilos, it's actually physically possible to throw and not get charged with attempted murder! :satan

I've just decided that I don't want to own a lot of amps. I used to have 3 - a Bogner, Victory and the BluGuitar. I found I ended up playing one of them more and the others collected dust, so I always felt guilty about owning these great amps and not using them.

I don't mind having multiple guitars, but several amps and cabs take a good chunk of space, swapping cables is a chore etc.
I aint got time for gear guilt really. I either want it or I don't; even if I'm not using it all the time. I've still got my Helix but tbh I plugged it in this week for the first time in probably a year. I've mostly been using Helix Native and my Axe FX 3 !!

Amps are great for those moments when you decide you dont want to give up on life.

“I can get close enough with a modeler”

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

“It’s heavy”

Lift some weights.
Working Out GIF

“It’s too big”
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Is this rock n roll we are talking about, or some dork jamboree?

giphy.gif

for @Los-D

Flipping the switch on a big ass, loud, and unruly amp is awesome and exciting…

Getting Hard GIF by Saturday Night Live

Don’t give up.

Choose life.

Choose amps.

(Disclaimer: I’m a dork, use modelers too, A/B everything, second guess everything, and mean no offense)

Amps are great for those moments when you decide you dont want to give up on life.

“It’s heavy”

Lift some weights.
Working Out GIF

“It’s too big”

giphy.gif

for @Los-D

Don’t give up.

Choose life.

Choose amps.

(Disclaimer: I’m a dork, use modelers too, A/B everything, second guess everything, and mean no offense)
That's it! I'm getting a 1959HW.

“It’s heavy”

Lift some weights.
Working Out GIF

“It’s too big”

giphy.gif

for @Los-D

Don’t give up.

Choose life.

Choose amps.

HIlarious!!! :beer

I do suspect the pussification of all of us is far too well underway to
turn back now. :idk If there is one thing that will be the demise of humans
with taste and passion, it is, and will continue to be, convenience.

Now that convenience is also damn fun and sounds righteous the odds
of large numbers of us turning back is less and less by the day. :hugitout

(Not selling my obnoxiously loud and large amps. Yet.)

HIlarious!!! :beer

I do suspect the pussification of all of us is far too well underway to
turn back now. :idk If there is one thing that will be the demise of humans
with taste and passion, it is, and will continue to be, convenience.

Now that convenience is also damn fun and sounds righteous the odds
of large numbers of us turning back is less and less by the day. :hugitout

(Not selling my obnoxiously loud and large amps. Yet.)
Buzz kill!

cheech marin GIF

Back