UPS just came to my house

True Stories Omg GIF
back to the future great scott GIF

Had a long rehearsal last night so I didn’t get time to unbox until late.

I borrowed an fm3 from a friend for the rehearsal and it was instant confirmation that I made the right choice going back to Fractal.

(By the way, I grabbed the fm3 at rehearsal 5 min before I had to start playing and was able to build a preset from scratch and be ready to play by downbeat. So take that TGP!)

Got a GK-equipped guitar?

Yep! I’ve got a Godin MultiAC, a GK waiting to be installed, and planning to pick up a GK for my bass

"Hero Hero"? What is this; obscure records I don't expect you to have day? :hmm

I guess I’m a bit more cultured than you realized

most-interesting-man-goldsmith-1504044751.jpg

Full review on that sy1000

It’s so deep. I’ll share what I can as I start using it more

Bet it works great for a guy that needs to play electric, steel string acoustic, nylon string acoustic, banjo, 12-string, and mandolin, all in one show.

Yep, that’s my idea. I’m planning to rack mount it and use it primarily for instrument modeling and it will be controlled by the AxeFX MIDI

PHUQ YEAH!!!

No wonder you were being so coy about your purchase @metropolis_4 :LOL:

AWSUM

Cliff's Cats Fractal HQ Disco's Cats Fractal HQ Disco

There's nothing you can't do with that kit.

That was my goal: build one rig that can handle any playing situation I find myself in

SY synths and those FAS verbs, mods and delays require a chef's kiss that this site could not contain
:chef :chef :chef :chef :chef

I’d kind of forgotten about the SY.

I was trying to decide what the best thing would be to give me the most flexibility and a used one popped up locally.

I went to YouTube to remind myself what it sounded like and this video from @2112 popped up using it with the AxeFX. It sealed the deal and I was entering my billing info before the video even finished

I’d kind of forgotten about the SY.

I was trying to decide what the best thing would be to give me the most flexibility and a used one popped up locally.

I went to YouTube to remind myself what it sounded like and this video from @2112 popped up using it with the AxeFX. It sealed the deal and I was entering my billing info before the video even finished

All my synthwave demos were done with it. For what that is or isn't worth to you :bag GREAT sounds to be had.

Yep! I’ve got a Godin MultiAC, a GK waiting to be installed, and planning to pick up a GK for my bass
Which Godin do you have? Isn't the point of them that they already have the 13-pin output, why do you need to install a GK pickup?

Which Godin do you have? Isn't the point of them that they already have the 13-pin output, why do you need to install a GK pickup?

I worded that in a confusing way.

I’ve got the Godin that already has the 13-pin out, then I’m planning to install GK pickups on my Strat (and/or LP) and my bass

The mulitac is acoustic. While you could use a solid body model in SY with it, I think most folks would struggle more playing a nylone acoustic like Hendrix than playing classical on a solid body.

The mulitac is acoustic. While you could use a solid body model in SY with it, I think most folks would struggle more playing a nylone acoustic like Hendrix than playing classical on a solid body.

It’s really interesting using the nylon string Godin with the SY. I’ve been messing with it a bit today.

Electric guitar models sound like s**t. Dark, dull, muffled.

But some things sound really cool! The nylon modeled sounds are WAY better with it than they sound when used with an electric guitar. And the synths all have a cool sound that is more mellow on the attack and fuller. Acoustic modeled sounds have a really cool sound to them as well.

Using the modeled nylon sounds with the Godin might actually sound better than the Godin by itself!

Back