TV Themes, earworms and nostalgia

Every time I'm outside doing yard work, I get the Green Acres theme stuck in my head.
Dada da dumdum. "The chores!"
Dada da dumdum. "The stores!"

I never heard or seen that one before. I can see how there'd be a lot of nostalgia in that one. Thank you for this transatlantic cultural exchange.

Mission: Impossible

This thread started with Space: 1999, starring Barbara Bain and Martin Landau.

Here they are in their original pairing:

So this one made it "across the pond"?
It was regular viewing in my house growing up.

This whole album is older cartoon theme song covers done in the 90s. I've brought it up in another thread but it fits the theme here

Ahh... used to love the Banana Splits. I suspect that I was already seeing the 4th or 5th rerun as a kid haha.

(1) Semi-related, this video clip blows my mind, in terms of what "soundtracks" were and how they were performed in the early 20th century. Watch it all the way through...it just gets more and more mind boggling as he starts to explore the room that houses all the noise making bits:

(2) Last week in my 9 year old's piano lesson the (amazing) instructor fired up the Sandford and Son theme. Was the first time I'd listened to it carefully and man...the clav parts are just killer - makes you wonder why we even need rhythm guitar. Quincy Jones for the win:

The theme song and vibe is perfect. Then you get to the show :wat :rofl
42dg.gif

The Rockford Files

This is great and very nostalgic for me. The full theme goes on quite a journey; a journey that isn't apparent in the short version used to open the show.

Did any of you watch Wandavision?

I love Robert Lopez and he did a brilliant job with all of these. Especially the 80s one

I love how perfectly they all fit their decades while also keeping continuity with the same musical themes/motifs

Last edited:
Did any of you watch Wandavision?

I love Robert Lopez and he did a brilliant job with all of these. Especially the 80s one

I never watched it, but I'm aware of the general concept and background. Didn't realise that they had themes for each era. Hearing these is all new to me, which is great - I was hoping to discover new TV theme gold in this thread. Yes, that 80s one is so well observed, and perfect 👌

Back