Tube Screamer

Tube Screamer

• Yes

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
I do like The TS, but its use is on a depends what is required, I also love the SD1 and a few other drives as well
So like everything else it depends on what

:idk

This is my language. Of all I love the VOP9.

Been using the SD-1 with the Laney lately and am loving it.

For clean boost I LOVE the Fortin Blade.

Clipping or no clipping when boosting/overdriving? Relatively speaking. :idk

Clipping or no clipping when boosting/overdriving?
I like zero clipping from the pedal when boosting an overdriven tube amp.
Diode clipping hard/soft into a tube amp sounds like crap to me, I can hear the mushy pedal dirt inside the tube overdrive.
In other words, the pedal has to drive the grid of the input 12ax7 with little or no clipping of its own.

(y)

swgemj0t0emk34nxmcjx.jpg
A tubescreamer cleans up the bottom end of high gain amps

This pedal (aka the pepers dirty tree) can actually make the tubes scream (screech). Amazing for ultra high gain stuff

Yeah, that can be an issue and in cases even the clarity in the top end is masked or shifted. But the TS does a thing and that's why it's perfect for certain setups. I have a TS9 which has sweetness to it, but prefer the Green Rhino MKIV to remedy a few of the 'issues' above. But even then I prefer an OD-3 because it's a nice thickener but still allowing the base tone to come through in a way I like.
Just echoing your preference for the Green Rhino IV. In its “classic” configuration it’s a very faithful TS pedal. Flipped out of that mode it can cover so much ground with the bass and mid adjustments. It works in scenarios I can’t get a stock TS9 to cover.

Clipping or no clipping when boosting/overdriving? Relatively speaking. :idk

I usually start off with drive completely off and then dial it in to taste for the sound I’m looking for.

Sometimes it ends up being none, sometimes it’s more. I usually like to find a blend between the amp distortion and the pedal distortion

One side of this pedal is also based on the TC.

View attachment 23088
Don’t even get me started on these….. impossible to get, couldn’t get on a waiting list for two years. Finally I had a slither of a chance to get one and they said they flat out wouldn’t even ship to Australia. Now I think Daniel is sick and holding back on making them (I’m not upto date on what’s going on).

I asked Mr Peppers if he can basically build this and it’s hopefully in the pipeline, a 4cm noise gate and dirty tree in one pedal!

If anyone wants to sell me a duality dx then let’s talk… but I doubt I’ll be prying one out of anyone’s hands anytime soon 🤣

Don’t even get me started on these….

I don't need the gates so it was easier finding an older one. Searched for about six months until 1 finally popped up in England.

EXCELLENT tube screamer and then the TC side was entirely new to me. Amazingly cool overdrive - especially with a neck humbucker and high gain!

Diode clipping hard/soft into a tube amp sounds like crap to me, I can hear the mushy pedal dirt inside the tube overdrive.
In other words, the pedal has to drive the grid of the input 12ax7 with little or no clipping of its own.
How about tube amps that have a built in diode that can be switched in and out?

Just curious - since a Shin's Dumbloid is based around a TS circuit, what are the main changes made there, anyone have an idea?

The sonic difference is night and day, to my ears.

DS-1 has left the chat.

:sofa

:rofl

Back