NDSP Quad Cortex

I personally like the Chorus Engine on the QC. It really surprised me (wasn’t around when I test drove it a few years back)

The Chorus Engine is actually from Petrucci. That and the Flanger Engine.

It's this whole putting this stuff on the QC a few months later anyway is why I find it hard to push myself to buy another plugin.

The minivoicer is a harmonizer. You set the key and scale, play a note within that scale and it harmonizes it for you. There is no proper detune effect in the QC.
Of all the mountain high non-starters in this thing; that one ranks up there pretty high as far as actual lack of functionality vs. me just not liking the company.

Of all the mountain high non-starters in this thing; that one ranks up there pretty high as far as actual lack of functionality vs. me just not liking the company.

I'm going to say the same for the barfworthy Spring Reverb and lack of "space" reverbs that were promised since well before launch. I used to not care about on-unit reverbs at all and would simply add them in post via an Eventide plugin.

Now, the FM9 has me wanting to print those reverbs onto everything I record. Yeah, you gotta restrain it a smidge for live stuff - depending on the room - but that stuff matters more than ever to me now.

I'm going to say the same for the barfworthy Spring Reverb and lack of "space" reverbs that were promised since well before launch. I used to not care about on-unit reverbs at all and would simply add them in post via an Eventide plugin.

Now, the FM9 has me wanting to print those reverbs onto everything I record. Yeah, you gotta restrain it a smidge for live stuff - depending on the room - but that stuff matters more than ever to me now.
I should say mountain high for me. Just to be clear. I know there are plenty who love it. I just know that an actual gripe that is justifiable given my tastes.

Cables are still a mess but at least they're off the ground. ;)

1715110738873.png

Does this speaker placement create any boomy bass issues?

100% agree

I personally like the Chorus Engine on the QC. It really surprised me (wasn’t around when I test drove it a few years back)

Chorus Engine is awesome. Not surprising if that came from Petrucci, as I really like that effect.

Maybe in a few years once NDSP finishes getting their plugins in QC form, they can start unifying plugin blocks on the computer so we can mix and match.

I am sure they will have another 50% later in the summer when PCOM is released and they get a handful of them into X

When/ if Dual Cortex is available maybe fall ?
My concern is that they'll put the X plugins into a "too valuable to discount" bucket after PCOM is delivered, the same way the Mesa MkIIc+ Suite was excluded from 50% off sales for a while (and possibly still?)

Plugin Compatibilty. Because you really needed another acronym in your life. ;)

MV5BNGZlOThmMmUtMDFjYy00ODBlLTllN2UtN2E2NjhkOGY2YWVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM0MzU2NA@@._V1_.jpg
Speaking of whack-a-mole...

What is that even supposed to look like on the device? Is it just adding the fx and amps from the plug-ins to the list of available devices on the QC? This is where I post
saying jeff goldblum GIF

And where you post
GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

Speaking of whack-a-mole...

What is that even supposed to look like on the device? Is it just adding the fx and amps from the plug-ins to the list of available devices on the QC? This is where I post
saying jeff goldblum GIF

And where you post
GIF by The Jerry Springer Show
I mean, what else could it ever have been? ("What else is there even to talk about?" -Mashed Potato Johnson) You select a plugin name and suddenly your QC screen looks like a little PC screen with that UI up? Then you'd have to go to a plugin setup screen to manage your inputs and outputs, which would be inherently crippled, so you could use effects that would be inherently inflexible and/or redundant...

Yeah, this is 3 years' worth of "fail to add content to the QC because you were paving the way to add (paid) content to the QC."

200.gif

I mean, what else could it ever have been? ("What else is there even to talk about?") You select a plugin name and suddenly your QC screen looks like a little PC screen with that UI up? Then you'd have to go to a plugin setup screen to manage your inputs and outputs, which would be inherently crippled, so you could use effects that would be inherently inflexible and or redundant...

Yeah, this is 3 years' worth of "fail to add content to the QC because you were paving the way to add (paid) content to the QC."

200.gif
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I am not even sure at this point of my own tidalwave of continuous :barfover the device, the company and associated TOP experience with it if I even ever looked at the thing with how this would even work in mind.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I am not even sure at this point of my own tidalwave of continuous :barfover the device, the company and associated TOP experience with it if I even ever looked at the thing with how this would even work in mind.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how PCOM will/won't work. I still think QC owners would be better off if NDSP posted an update tomorrow that said: "Fuck it, it's too hard and we'd rather go smoke a cigar in Tuscany. (Maybe when we get back we'll give you a new amp.)"

The bottom line is that the QC, as-is, is way better than anyone would imagine just from reading all the kvetching (including my own) here and at TOP. We've really elevated the process to an art form.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how PCOM will/won't work. I still think QC owners would be better off if NDSP posted an update tomorrow that said: "Fuck it, it's too hard and we'd rather go smoke a cigar in Tuscany. (Maybe when we get back we'll give you a new amp.)"

The bottom line is that the QC, as-is, is way better than anyone would imagine just from reading all the kvetching (including my own) here and at TOP. We've really elevated the process to an art form.

The kit itself is inarguably a super-capable piece of musical equipment.

Only floor processor with that much processing power in that small a form factor.

Only one that size that does both modeling and profiling (One of my bandmates bought a Headrush Core on a whim, which is bigger, slower, less capable and has a crappier UI).

Also, while the effects are good-to-barfworthy, it comes with a metric ton of factory amp/cab/drive pedal content between models and captures.

willem dafoe scientist GIF

My concern is that they'll put the X plugins into a "too valuable to discount" bucket after PCOM is delivered, the same way the Mesa MkIIc+ Suite was excluded from 50% off sales for a while (and possibly still?)

I think the exclusions are only for net new-ish joints, ostensibly because they have a set "high price" window (maybe 6 months from launch?) that plays into revenue projections. The last sale didn't have anything excluded.

I think the exclusions are only for net new-ish joints, ostensibly because they have a set "high price" window (maybe 6 months from launch?) that plays into revenue projections. The last sale didn't have anything excluded.
Good to hear.

Not that I'm already softening to the idea of buying plugins for my flagship processor or anything...

:facepalm

Back