NDSP Quad Cortex

Looking at the back of the QC, you could shrink the I/O to just those two rows of four 1/4" jacks. That would leave you:
  1. Input 1
  2. Fx send. Could be a stereo jack for stereo in.
  3. Fx return. Could be a stereo jack for stereo out.
  4. Out 1/L
  5. Out 2/R
  6. Capture out. Can you use this for anything else nowadays? It always bugged me that it was such a specific but rarely useful output on the QC.
  7. Headphones out
  8. Exp 1
Then use 3.5mm for MIDI in/out, or just MIDI over USB/BT. USB-C instead of USB-B.
that's what I am thinking , they could ditch the XLR second input , second exp pedal
realistically I will be surprised if they keep captures , I think it will allow you to load but the ability to make captures maybe be reserved for QC
and removing that feature alone would allow them to wipe a bunch of I/O

Audio (as in analog) over ethernet would be interesting to save space, can get 4 channels of audio that way. On something flagship and rackmount like the Axe FX I’d honestly be happy with dsub for (at least some of) the I/O

I've only got excess noise on the Red channel of my EVH when using the FM9 in 4CM with it, the Shiva and Electra Dyne are quiet as a mouse. I do believe the absurd amount of gain on the Red channel is the culprit because the Blue/Green are fine. Nothing a noise gate won't handle, but fortunately, no electrical humming.

Can't have option paralysis if you don't have options

Joking aside, that's awesome you've found what works for you. What plugins are you hoping get ported next?

I really want Granophyre. More than any other. I feel like I can get similar tones to the other plugins because many of the amps that are in those plugins in modded form are there in their original form in the QC (5150, Kraken, Morgan).

The Tone King I want too but it's not super high up to me because I really like the Matchless Chieften for similar vibes.

Edit: Forgot about the Fortin Cali. It's a great plugin that does clean all the way to the heaviest heavy.

My guess is that when Granophyre and Cali are out they'll be pretty much all I use.

Last edited:
Anyone got tips for setting up/recording an electro acoustic guitar? Do I use any specific amp or amp type? Aiming to sound as natural as possible.

Anyone got tips for setting up/recording an electro acoustic guitar? Do I use any specific amp or amp type? Aiming to sound as natural as possible.
Could you just put some compression in the lane and record direct without an amp (or even possibly cab) block? Add some reverb to taste?

Think of it the same as you would if you were plugging it into a mixer. Think of your QC as your mixing console instead of as an “amp”.

Listen to what you get and add things accordingly. Does it need some EQ tweaks? Compression? Reverb? Add what it seems to need to achieve the sound you’re looking for

I'm at that phase of late where I'm gone waay past option paralysis and into use the same shit almost every time. :popcorn
That’s totally valid and looking at the NDSP w like 8 or 9 delays is definitely less intimidating than the 245 in the Fractal
And it’s also nice and clear what they all do
Tape , Ping Pong , Digital
Slapback, Dual,
IMO if you have a Cry Baby Wah
3 or 4 drive pedals
And MXR phase 90
MXR 117 Flanger
Boss and TC chorus
Couple of good delays
Plate room hall verbs
You are more than good to go for what I would want to do

That’s totally valid and looking at the NDSP w like 8 or 9 delays is definitely less intimidating than the 245 in the Fractal
Slapback, Dual,
3 or 4 drive pedals
And MXR phase 90
MXR 117 Flanger
Boss and TC chorus
Couple of good delays
Plate room hall verbs

I wouldn't mind a Ring Mod. I like to put one on a side chain and turn it down really low under the main tone on cleans to make them chime.

Slapback, Dual,
3 or 4 drive pedals
And MXR phase 90
MXR 117 Flanger
Boss and TC chorus
Couple of good delays
Plate room hall verbs
Meanwhile fractal is on page 10 of how to reset a preset 😂