Troubleshooting when you're dumb. Short answer: Badlander is fixed.

I found that most gear issues in my life have been due to being stupid :rofl

Glad you got it sorted without having to ship to mesa
Me. Too. Now I'm trying to figure out where to go next. I don't need both :unsure:

They relisted it on their site :bagI did get corroboration of the malfunction. I am not sure how they got it "repaired" so quickly. Unless it was replacing some bad pots and contact cleaner'ing the reverb level controls :idea

Wow. That's borderline fucked up.

I have returned 2 new guitars this year due to issues. They just relist them and pass the buck.

Make sure you're using 48Khz IRs. Other bitrates may not work. They included this in the Cabclone IR stand-alone manuals but neglected to include this very important piece of info in the Badlander manual. I had loaded my go-to Ownhammer IRs into mine once and had no sound from it, turns out they were 44.1k, not 48k. I redownloaded 48k versions and the amp XLR out magically worked again.

From the Cabclone manual, page 17:
1668062295682.png

Make sure you're using 48Khz IRs. Other bitrates may not work. They included this in the Cabclone IR stand-alone manuals but neglected to include this very important piece of info in the Badlander manual. I had loaded my go-to Ownhammer IRs into mine once and had no sound from it, turns out they were 44.1k, not 48k. I redownloaded 48k versions and the amp XLR out magically worked again.

From the Cabclone manual, page 17:
View attachment 2357
I would have loved to have known this a few months ago:rofl Of course; no one at Mesa thought to suggest this either :hmm:rofl

I would have loved to have known this a few months ago:rofl Of course; no one at Mesa thought to suggest this either :hmm:rofl
I agree, it’s a massive oversight about a very cool and modern feature of this amp. @paisleywookiee actually let me know about this when I ran into this myself. Chalk it up as a learning experience, and I hope Mesa adds this to their BL manuals going forward.

Back