Tried the Valeton GP200 today

Just an update as I go through this thing and learn it's ins and outs. I am going direct to PA into a pair of EV ELX 112P's at band volume. Hitting the mixer with unity gain.

It's kind of dead feeling to the hands. Seemed to improve when I moved the noise gate to the very first thing in the chain.
The Polyphonic tuning is not very good. Even at just -1 there is noticeable lag and warbling. Not starkly noticeable, but not good compared to
Helix Poly Capo or HR MX5. Emergency use only for this. Hopefully they remedy this in a future update.
Stock cabs so far are not very good. YA Mesa V30 IR's seemed to do the trick though.

Overall tones so far are good. I have only spent an hour or so with it today but at this early point I'd rank it above the MG-30 and below the MX5 BUT I have not "skinned the cat" yet so this is all subject to change. I'd like to suss out the dead feel it has to it first.
Well, if this one here doesn't quite fit the bill, I've been thinking about re-visiting the HX Stomp XL. (for backup).
I already have a Helix LT which I think for the price, the LT is REALLY under the radar. A "streamlined" full on Helix, if you will.
Is the LT the best ? No. But it WILL get the job done very nicely !

I have considered the QC since there's been very recent firmware updates....but we'll see.

Well, if this one here doesn't quite fit the bill, I've been thinking about re-visiting the HX Stomp XL. (for backup).
I already have a Helix LT which I think for the price, the LT is REALLY under the radar. A "streamlined" full on Helix, if you will.
Is the LT the best ? No. But it WILL get the job done very nicely !

I have considered the QC since there's been very recent firmware updates....but we'll see.

I grabbed a Choptones Rock pack for the GP200 (something I never do) to see if it's still dead feeling and it was quite an improvement once I dialed out the boomy low end they added. I think it will be a capable backup for sure. Now to reverse engineer what they did to make it feel more alive under the fingers.

I grabbed a Choptones Rock pack for the GP200 (something I never do) to see if it's still dead feeling and it was quite an improvement once I dialed out the boomy low end they added. I think it will be a capable backup for sure. Now to reverse engineer what they did to make it feel more alive under the fingers.
When you have time...let us know. And thanks for the update.

I'm definitely hanging onto this thing for now. I have 2 bands I am working up songs for though (about 30+ that I have never played combined) some of them I also have to learn lyrics and vocal cadence for, and need to hit and stay in the woodshed for awhile.

Once I get that stuff workable I am gonna hit the GP-200 again and tweak away.

Recently picked up a GP-200. Is there any way to use the foot switches to go between effects in the same category or do you have to create a similar preset and switch between them?

Specifically, I'd prefer to have one patch where I can easily switch between tremolo, chorus, or have both off. They're both modulation type of effects.

I just did this after watching Arena 2000 and Valeton GP-200 demos. Checked the firmware release notes for the GP-200 and it sealed it for me. Let's see if it can unseat the MX5 as my backup rig.

Brand new unit. Guy just bought it to make a demo video and then boxed it up.

View attachment 12544

Neither of those units entered my radar until today.
Some of the other stuff that sealed it for me was a good sounding/tracking poly pitch, all 8 footswitches can be assigned to anything, and I like the look of it better than the Arena 2000
stereo effects loop?

Hey there you lovely people.
I just got an opportunity to test both Valeton GP-200 and the Hotone Ampero.

Been testing both for a week now and for the most part I am torn between.
What I did notice however is that the Ampero switches a patch as soon as you press the actual switch whereas the GP-200 switches on depress of the witch meaning that GP-200 is slightly slower when it comes to switching.

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure the GP-200 to switch on press or is it actually a "feature" of the mechanical switches and it cannot be changed?

To me, press and depress mean the same thing. Do you mean the GP-200 switches on release (when you let up)?

I find the communication barrier rather depressing ;) :D

I mean on "release" indeed. With Ampero it is noticable that the switch occurs the instant you press it whereas with GP-200 it is once you depress/release/let up. Wondering if there is a way to configure the GP-200 to switch on press.

Back