Tone chasing - CoC help?

Hey folks - quick question. I just love the dirty tones on Corrosion of Conformity’s Albatross and Clean My Wounds.

What amp/drives/etc., would I start with to get close to these tones? (I’m using an FM9 if there’s any specific guidance there).
You need help with the COCk? :D
Are those the same thing as the 50 Calibre? Mesa has the Marks and the Recto then everything else is always a little harder to keep track of. Some sleepers, some internet "confirmed" turds and some that seem to fall in both of those categories.
Nope. DC series is Dual Caliber, came after the 50 Caliber, and 50+

I wore Technocracy out on cassette back in 1988 or so lol. It was interesting to see them slow down and get all swampy later on but to me their original sound was amazing. I was really influence by their weird bends n stuff. I think in 2010 they toured playing all the technocracy era stuff live or something like that.

I wore Technocracy out on cassette back in 1988 or so lol. It was interesting to see them slow down and get all swampy later on but to me their original sound was amazing. I was really influence by their weird bends n stuff. I think in 2010 they toured playing all the technocracy era stuff live or something like that.
I didn’t get into them until Blind, so i need to go back and check out Technocracy.

"Deliverance" is such a great album, oh that brings back high school memories! :)

I remember hearing all kinds of Mesa sounds on that particular album, probably not too difficult to recreate with beefy humbuckers.

Been a COC fan since first hearing "Eye For An Eye" back in the late '80's. That band has definitely gone through a myriad of changes over the years stylistically but they've always remained consistently good to me.
Many years back I talked to Woody and Pepper about guitar tones and they were both big fans early on of the Ibanez Tube Screamer. They along with others like Chicago doom legends Trouble and a few other bands in that style actually considered the Tube Screamer to be an important ingredient of their tone.

Been a COC fan since first hearing "Eye For An Eye" back in the late '80's. That band has definitely gone through a myriad of changes over the years stylistically but they've always remained consistently good to me.
Many years back I talked to Woody and Pepper about guitar tones and they were both big fans early on of the Ibanez Tube Screamer. They along with others like Chicago doom legends Trouble and a few other bands in that style actually considered the Tube Screamer to be an important ingredient of their tone.
Very cool and good insight!

Back