To Marshall or not to Marshall…

A Synergy rig would work for this. You can have a Plexi module on one side and any of the modern modules on the other.

Get 2-3 of the Studio 20w Heads and you have all bases covered. I have a SC20H on order and plan to eventually add an SV20H. Between those and my DSL100H, I should have everything covered for what I do.

I suppose I should post something on topic since I added a dumb joke.

I picked up a Kruse Kontrol modded DSL a few months ago from a buddy who had it done with just about everything he could get. It's got his "brown" channel with extra knobs added in front for pre and post gain and a switch (with a footswitch jack) added to the back so you can also use the normal light crunch channel when needed. Also has his variac and an upgraded transformer. It may have some tweaks to the other stock channels as well, but when I heard my buddy play the brown channel after he got it I told him if he ever sold it, I got dibs. (He has 2 Friedmands, 2 EVHs and at least one 6505, so it just thinned his collection a bit when I bought this one).

I don't think it has a great Plexi tone, but I love the different voicings of hi-gain sounds available, and the clean is pretty good as well.

Back