Time to get weird.

Well the only request so far was the tele -> Carcosa - Deluxe which was awesome.

Not to worry, the wife travels every couple weeks for work so I’m planning to keep this thread running over time. I also just ordered a little tripod so I can record some of this stuff easily - will be fun to see what kind of noise we can conjure up moving forward.
Ok, fuzz face boosting a ds-1 into amp with bright cap engaged. Treble maxed, bass and mid way down. Let's see what happens? :grin

(it actually might be a cool texture for an ambient song lol)

No matter what dirt pedal I put in front of the DRRI, it was extremely brittle and not pleasing at all, particularly the attack of the notes. I'm sure if I cranked the DRRI until it started giving some poweramp distortion it'd smooth out a bit, but that wasn't achievable in an apartment, I couldn't get that thing past 2 without being way too loud. In comparison to the Hot Rod Deluxe I had, it was a pretty big contrast. That HRD took pedals GREAT.

Lo Input Normal Channel is a far better fit as a Clean Pedal Platform with a
variety of Fender amps, in my experience. :chef

I'd never use the Bright Switch "On" with the Vibrato Channel as a Pedal Platform
on any Fender amp. :brick

Not that any of this matter now. :LOL:

Lo Input Normal Channel is a far better fit as a Clean Pedal Platform with a
variety of Fender amps, in my experience. :chef

I'd never use the Bright Switch "On" with the Vibrato Channel as a Pedal Platform
on any Fender amp. :brick

Not that any of this matter now. :LOL:
Yeah that’s a good point. I’ll sometimes run my deluxe with an A/B box where I use the bright channel for my cleans and normal channel with OD pedals hardwired in that path. Perfectly acceptable 2 channel amp as long as you don’t need verb and Trem on your dirty tones.

Ok, fuzz face boosting a ds-1 into amp with bright cap engaged. Treble maxed, bass and mid way down. Let's see what happens? :grin

(it actually might be a cool texture for an ambient song lol)
IMG_1721.jpeg

Honestly kind of blown away at how awesome this sounds through an iPhone mic.

Last edited:
Bright caps are fine with some pedals, such as the Shredmaster, but the pedal has to be designed with that in mind, as I imagine was the design intent. The first half of the Shredmaster seems close to a modified Guv'nor with different cap/resistor values. Then the latter half is tacked on and quite different.

Back