This is the kind of corksniffery gear that gives me irrational GAS.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

This is mine. No real reason. I'll probably get it sooner or later, because that is what we do.

This is mine. No real reason. I'll probably get it sooner or later, because that is what we do.

I have definitely been eyeing this one'.

1671233254849.png

A $699 tube buffer/boost/pedalboard interface:

This is absolutely the kind of irrationality I've been hitting the last couple of years. "Totally happy with my sound. Not really looks ng for new modeler/amp/etc. But THIS. This extremely expensive thing that is going to do nothing, but something, but nothing, to my sound, but in doing nothing (but something) it will TOTALLY make it more betterer. It's not worth the asking price until you play it for a while and then take it away and realize your same sound sounds the same, but less betterer without it, you think. Just trust me, YouTube compression (which isn't a thing) will totally not capture what it does/doesn't/does do to my sound.. Totally worth the astronomical price!!"

This is absolutely the kind of irrationality I've been hitting the last couple of years. "Totally happy with my sound. Not really looks ng for new modeler/amp/etc. But THIS. This extremely expensive thing that is going to do nothing, but something, but nothing, to my sound, but in doing nothing (but something) it will TOTALLY make it more betterer. It's not worth the asking price until you play it for a while and then take it away and realize your same sound sounds the same, but less betterer without it, you think. Just trust me, YouTube compression (which isn't a thing) will totally not capture what it does/doesn't/does do to my sound.. Totally worth the astronomical price!!"
Nailed it. Now I'm definitely getting one!

I had one briefly sometime in the early 2010s (too much gear to recall exactly). It was really freaking good.

I'd like to snag the big box Slide Rig. Don't even play no slide. :idk

There are two types of gear forum posters: those in search of the thing that makes them sound better without doing anything to their sound and weeding out all the things that don't change the sound but do introduce "tone suck" and will get violent with anyone that calls them crazy.

And those that don't care because whatever they plug into they just sound like them, but still wanna fight about this issue with anyone and everyone.

There are two types of gear forum posters: those in search of the thing that makes them sound better without doing anything to their sound and weeding out all the things that don't change the sound but do introduce "tone suck" and will get violent with anyone that calls them crazy.

And those that don't care because whatever they plug into they just sound like them, but still wanna fight about this issue with anyone and everyone.
Doesn’t that make three types?

Back