This is the kind of corksniffery gear that gives me irrational GAS.

So the guy has a $700 preamp, but everything else on that board is mediocre.

Why Would You Do That Ross Geller GIF

Sorry, buffer/boost. And what was the point I missed?
What does it matter if his pedals are supposedly mediocre? It's the pedalboard interface that matters her. He makes some insanely great sounding amps, but I have to say his video production isn't the best though lol.

What does it matter if his pedals are supposedly mediocre? It's the pedalboard interface that matters her. He makes some insanely great sounding amps, but I have to say his video production isn't the best though lol.
What does it matter? Depends on who you ask. I don’t see the sense in such a high end device, when you’re sending the rest of the signal through mediocre pedals. To each their own though.

Then how about explaining it better for us slow people, instead of being vague and smug AF? JFC dude.
Sorry man, not intending to be smug at all. It's a pedalboard interface that deals with buffering and impedance not unlike what you see from other builders like Friedman and LA Sound Design, this is just the tube corksniffery version of it. Whatever pedals on the board in the video is irrelevant. As the title of the thread says, I get irrational GAS for unnecessary shit like this... :facepalm

Sorry man, not intending to be smug at all. It's a pedalboard interface that deals with buffering and impedance not unlike what you see from other builders like Friedman and LA Sound Design, this is just the tube corksniffery version of it. Whatever pedals on the board in the video is irrelevant. As the title of the thread says, I get irrational GAS for unnecessary s**t like this... :facepalm

That's what wears me out about gear forums and "dudes." The never-ending need to take a piss
on anything and everything that is not for them. Why not just move along? How hard is it? Do people
also drive down the road and stop at every shit Restaurant they don't want to eat at and personally go
in and tell the people eating there (or looking at a menu!) that they should not be eating there, and why
bother, and it is a waste of money?

Life's too damn short for me to be taking a piss on anything and everything that doesn't jive with me. And
now I feel guilty for taking the time to take a piss on chronic piss takers. :LOL:

And you are right, "irrational" needs ZERO justification. ;)

These kind of "magic" pedals have been around for a while, like those big ass 29 Pedals buffer units. I see them as pointless because you could just spend that money on some effect pedal that can work as a buffer. I use a Strymon Riverside for this atm and I paid a whole lot less for that.

It gets full of shit when you start saying stuff like "your guitar likes to see a valve stage after it" like in the video. There's so many tube pedals out there that don't even run at very high voltages or are otherwise not doing anything you could not do with transistors.

I'm sure as a device this works totally fine and sounds good, but it's a really big and expensive box to solve a problem that could be handled by a simple input buffer for most people.

This sort of stuff is for people who need the confidence you get when you have the "best of the best."I own some of the best modelers and pedals on the market as well as e.g a very high end Les Paul type guitar. I can understand that mentality. But I'm also the first to say all that is luxury that you don't really need but it's fine to play with it if you can afford it.

For a lot of people who do have that money but are also not knowledgeable about what they are buying, they tend to fall into the sales pitch. These are the folks buying Evidence Audio for bullshit like "The negative effects of strand interaction are completely eliminated from the guitar signal." (a line directly from their website) or various audiophile nonsense. They are not getting a bad product, but they are overpaying for it. I could buy e.g a Klotz La Grange cable with lower capacitance for half the money than Evidence's "The Lyric HG is a reference-level guitar cable that disappears from the signal path" cable.

That's what wears me out about gear forums and "dudes." The never-ending need to take a piss
on anything and everything that is not for them. Why not just move along? How hard is it? Do people
also drive down the road and stop at every s**t Restaurant they don't want to eat at and personally go
in and tell the people eating there (or looking at a menu!) that they should not be eating there, and why
bother, and it is a waste of money?

Life's too damn short for me to be taking a piss on anything and everything that doesn't jive with me. And
now I feel guilty for taking the time to take a piss on chronic piss takers. :LOL:

And you are right, "irrational" needs ZERO justification. ;)
I’m not taking a piss in anything, dude. I just thought it was odd. But by all means, take the moral high ground.

It’s a gear discussion forum, dude. People are posting thoughts. People are going to post something, and someone’s going to say it’s dumb. It’s pointless. It’s overpriced. So what?

Last edited:
Generally speaking. ;)

If it is just taking a piss, then it is just taking a piss. If it is taking a piss, and also offering something
constructive, then maybe it is different, and potentially helpful to others.

Sometimes there is nothing constructive or helpful and just comes off like another ornery and discontented
human on the Internet, which is not very original or compelling.

Not that there is anything wrong with being ornery and discontented. :LOL:

Back