This is the kind of corksniffery gear that gives me irrational GAS.

Generally speaking. ;)

If it is just taking a piss, then it is just taking a piss. If it is taking a piss, and also offering something
constructive, then maybe it is different, and potentially helpful to others.

Sometimes there is nothing constructive or helpful and just comes off like another ornery and discontented
human on the Internet, which is not very original or compelling.

Not that there is anything wrong with being ornery and discontented. :LOL:
With the exception of being annoyed with Blix because he just kept saying I missed the point without saying WHY I missed the point, I never was discontented or ornery.

Generally speaking. ;)

If it is just taking a piss, then it is just taking a piss. If it is taking a piss, and also offering something
constructive, then maybe it is different, and potentially helpful to others.

Sometimes there is nothing constructive or helpful and just comes off like another ornery and discontented
human on the Internet, which is not very original or compelling.

Not that there is anything wrong with being ornery and discontented. :LOL:
74qx5w.gif

That's what wears me out about gear forums and "dudes." The never-ending need to take a piss
on anything and everything that is not for them. Why not just move along? How hard is it? Do people
also drive down the road and stop at every s**t Restaurant they don't want to eat at and personally go
in and tell the people eating there (or looking at a menu!) that they should not be eating there, and why
bother, and it is a waste of money?
1671380918520.png

:rofl

i do have a pete cornish LD3 which is a $500 (what the USD/GBP exchange rate was back then) buffer. and it's worth every penny.

We also don’t have the benefit of hearing the inflection of one’s text, so we often have no clue how a poster is hearing what he’s typing in his head and how they mean it. Probably a good 30% of online disagreements are most likely a result of that alone.

In this case, I get paisley’s question, it’d be like sending a board out to Friedman or LA Sound Design to wire up, but all you sent them was a bunch of Rolls and Danelectro pedals and you’re going to be plugging the board into the first version of Line 6’s Guitar Port. Sure, one might find a way to make that their perfect tone, but in the context of having a custom board wired up and dropping a good amount of money on it, it’s not what the majority would call logical.

We also don’t have the benefit of hearing the inflection of one’s text, so we often have no clue how a poster is hearing what he’s typing in his head and how they mean it. Probably a good 30% of online disagreements are most likely a result of that alone.

In this case, I get paisley’s question, it’d be like sending a board out to Friedman or LA Sound Design to wire up, but all you sent them was a bunch of Rolls and Danelectro pedals and you’re going to be plugging the board into the first version of Line 6’s Guitar Port. Sure, one might find a way to make that their perfect tone, but in the context of having a custom board wired up and dropping a good amount of money on it, it’s not what the majority would call logical.

This wasn't the "Look how amazing this board build is" thread, though, was it?? :idk

:LOL:

Back