This could be THE most annoying rig rundown, ever

Ugh. Thanks for that @Baba - I ended up here:

And now I'm drowning in some other dudes self importance. Feels like I've got jizz on my face.

Man, i have this love/hate relationship with Polyphia. I can completely appreciate these guys musicianship, which legit blows my mind at times but, at the same time, 90% of their music bores me to death.

I found that solo section which Steve Vai contributed recently to be by far the best part of Ego Death.
I totally agree .. the level of virtuosity is off the charts .... skills and techniques I will *never* have .....stunning to watch and hear ...... in terms of *music* though I find it totally devoid of remote sense of melody and completely sterile and without any emotional connection .... it is utterly non-timeless and will not age well at all .... i.m.o .....1 - 2 minutes of listening and I have totally tuned out ... music ....be it classical or rock is a visceral guttural thing .... it is not a "technical brain" thing ....... but hey ... whatever floats your boat :)

Ben

I totally agree .. the level of virtuosity is off the charts .... skills and techniques I will *never* have .....stunning to watch and hear ...... in terms of *music* though I find it totally devoid of remote sense of melody and completely sterile and without any emotional connection .... it is utterly non-timeless and will not age well at all .... i.m.o .....1 - 2 minutes of listening and I have totally tuned out ... music ....be it classical or rock is a visceral guttural thing .... it is not a "technical brain" thing ....... but hey ... whatever floats your boat :)

Ben
You can have both. This certainly doesn't though.

I respect young folks that actually play instruments but this type of music does nothing for me. My nephew is in a band similar to this stuff and I support him fully but it's ear fungus to me.

Having said that, I like the rhythm tone, and now I need a Fractal AX8, lol

So I had to try and watch. Why? Maybe I am masochistic.

If that was my son, and he communicated like that as an adult, I may have wished I put a pillow
over his mouth when he was an infant.

Yeah I'm sure
So I had to try and watch. Why? Maybe I am masochistic.

If that was my son, and he communicated like that as an adult, I may have wished I put a pillow
over his mouth when he was an infant.
In 10 years he's gonna watch that and facepalm

“I can do this [stomp, stomp, stomp] and things happen. And this is connected to this and this is connected to this.”

Great, thanks?

That song "Ego Death" is only saved by Steve Vai super-boomer bends and the trumpet. The song is an irritating, stressful, hyper-mechanical and nerve-raking remake of Al Di Meola's Mediterranean Dance and other excerpts from his "Elegant Gipsy" album

Watching their live vids they seem to have the attention of both males and females, I know I’ve never seen that many women at a Vai show before!
Ladies may like it because for some reason they seem to be attracted to Latin Rhythms and to Flamenco Spanish guitar. Likewise, you will also see many women in a Santana concert

Last edited:
That song "Ego Death" is only saved by Steve Vai super-boomer bends and the trumpet. The song is an irritating, stressful, hyper-mechanical and nerve-raking remake of Al Di Meola's Mediterranean Dance and other excerpts from his "Elegant Gipsy" album

Ladies may like it because for some reason they seem to be attracted to Latin Rhythms and to Flamenco Spanish guitar. Likewise, you will also see many women in a Santana concert

Please never compare Polyphia's nylon string guitar work to Al DiMeola again... :hmm

:grin

So the last guitar centric song I listened to before this morning was this thing. Heard Devil's Island first thing this morning and all was right with the world :love :satan

Having said that, I like the rhythm tone, and now I need a Fractal AX8, lol

What do you find annoying about it?

I honestly didn't mind it. He doesn't seem super into the details of his gear, but seems nice and is trying to answer the questions.

Reactions: V|J
The thing he said about not being allowed to go SSS because of Fender was interesting...

I wonder if there is some old Cease and Desist still in place from Ibanez's old knock off days, or if maybe Ibanez just thought it wouldn't sell as well so they pushed them towards a more marketable choice.

:unsure:

Back