Thinking of trading my Quad Cortex toward this… (Silver Sky content)

If your big draw for the QC is getting caps of your ED....may I suggest just getting a tone x down the line for a fraction of the price and throwing it in the loop of your stomp?

You arguably get better accuracy of the caps and as mentioned, it's $400 vs $1700.

Yeah I know tone x UI, but if it's truly just something you enjoy in a digital sense, at least it's not as financially intensive and you may not feel as guilty when the Canadian winter hits lol

If your big draw for the QC is getting caps of your ED....may I suggest just getting a tone x down the line for a fraction of the price and throwing it in the loop of your stomp?

You arguably get better accuracy of the caps and as mentioned, it's $400 vs $1700.

Yeah I know tone x UI, but if it's truly just something you enjoy in a digital sense, at least it's not as financially intensive and you may not feel as guilty when the Canadian winter hits lol

Ha, maybe I’ll save the ToneX for next winter… :rofl

But very true, it’s a better price range for my use.

Ha, maybe I’ll save the ToneX for next winter… :rofl

But very true, it’s a better price range for my use.
But for the SS. I loved mine and truly regret getting rid of it. It's warmer than a traditional strat tho so if you are looking for a traditional strat there may be better options

But for the SS. I loved mine and truly regret getting rid of it. It's warmer than a traditional strat tho so if you are looking for a traditional strat there may be better options

I’m more interested in the PRS aspect than the trad-Strat angle, or at least in the “PRS version of a Strat” angle.

Only other option of interest, for me, would be a used CS Strat, which would be a whole other direction. Not really looking for Suhr or anything like that.

You already know it is a done deal. :LOL: Threads like this never get posted unless someone
has already made up their mind, and just wants to talk about it as if they haven't quite
decided just yet.

Look forward to the NGD thread. :beer

Ha, good point, however in this case I am truly not sure. I mean, the thing is only 20min away and I’m not there trying it out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You already know it is a done deal. :LOL: Threads like this never get posted unless someone
has already made up their mind, and just wants to talk about it as if they haven't quite
decided just yet.

Look forward to the NGD thread. :beer

(I’d say what is a “done deal” is the QC… just not sure what direction this will take.)

"I'm sorry to see you go", as one of the few QC sympathizers around here. :D But it sounds like you've already answered your own question. You've run the course with the QC, and you want a Strat/ Strat-like. It definitely makes sense to unload something you're not using anymore.

Strat tones + Electra Dyne =

Satisfying Krispy Kreme GIF

Whenever I gas for a PRS SS - and it happens often - I watch this clip. Around 10 minute mark he switches from his SS to his Fender. There's some magic going on that's missing in the PRS.

Whenever I gas for a PRS SS - and it happens often - I watch this clip. Around 10 minute mark he switches from his SS to his Fender. There's some magic going on that's missing in the PRS.

I wonder if that's the $5000 SS Deadhead variant 😂

So I went and tried it out, although very briefly as they were closing in 10 min by the time I got there. :rawk :brick :grin

It wasn't instant love, but I didn't not like it, either. Had that great PRS feel and rang out really nicely, acoustically. I usually play a guitar unplugged for a while before plugging it in, anyway. At first the neck felt kind of big around the 8-12th frets, but I got used to it pretty quick. It was very out of tune and kind of grungy feeling, like it's been out as a floor model for a while.

I didn't love the colour as much in person, though. I'll probably check out the white one later this week. Also not sure if I wouldn't just rather get a Fender CS.

"I'm sorry to see you go", as one of the few QC sympathizers around here. :D But it sounds like you've already answered your own question. You've run the course with the QC, and you want a Strat/ Strat-like. It definitely makes sense to unload something you're not using anymore.

Yes, I'm sorry to leave you, @mbenigni! I will still add a voice of reason/experience regarding the QC around here, don't worry!

I Love You GIF by Taylor Swift

So I went and tried it out, although very briefly as they were closing in 10 min by the time I got there. :rawk :brick :grin

It wasn't instant love, but I didn't not like it, either. Had that great PRS feel and rang out really nicely, acoustically. I usually play a guitar unplugged for a while before plugging it in, anyway. At first the neck felt kind of big around the 8-12th frets, but I got used to it pretty quick. It was very out of tune and kind of grungy feeling, like it's been out as a floor model for a while.

I didn't love the colour as much in person, though. I'll probably check out the white one later this week. Also not sure if I wouldn't just rather get a Fender CS.
There are plenty of amazing Strat-style guitars out there. I'd say hunt high and low for the one that really speaks to you.

Sounds like you maybe need to bide some time and play a bunch of Strats,
until you find the one that speaks to you deeply. :idk

Yes, and to be honest, this whole Strat thing may be fleeting, anyway. Part of the idea with the 594 was bringing just one guitar and still having humbucking + single coil tones. Not that excited to go back to bringing two guitars around, really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back