The UK Comedy Thread

UK comedy is hard to touch period. I haven't always understood it, or even learned to appreciate it. But the classics... damn that's good stuff.
(i also apologize if classic might not be Fawlty and Adder... but still...)

UK comedy is hard to touch period. I haven't always understood it, or even learned to appreciate it. But the classics... damn that's good stuff.
(i also apologize if classic might not be Fawlty and Adder... but still...)
It is pretty much the only thing about the UK that even raises a glimmer of patriotism in me. Everything else about the UK is dogshit - probably why we are a funny nation!

Yeah, can't say a word against Fawlty Towers and Blackadder.

I know Monty Python is the example everyone knows, but it has to be said anyway! :)
5FEE659A-8649-4774-8829-DADEB2E9AF0A.gif

When I was a kid, I watched Benny Hill with my grandpa on PBS. Loved it. That started my love of UK comedy. I'm not high brow about my tastes.

In-Betweeners
Plebs
Friday Night Dinners
Man Down
(Some) Peep Show.
IT Crowd
pretty much anything Gervais
Young Ones
Bunch of others I'd have to think on to remember because I watch too much TV :bag

I tried this one for a few episodes but wasn't feeling it at the time for whatever reason?

It's possibly dated a bit. Some really great moments in it, but I've not watched it for some time.

The movies that resulted from that team though: Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz - still love those.

It's possibly dated a bit. Some really great moments in it, but I've not watched it for some time.

The movies that resulted from that team though: Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz - still love those.
Oh yeah. Hot fuzz is my favorite.

It's not so much dated as it has a fair amount of filler to slog through, but the gem episodes are sooooo worth the slog.

Tyres...

...too many rocks in my rucksack!!!

...club dancing to the A-Tram theme...

Back