The studio at the end of the bed

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
My "studio" circa 2005:
1699829217787.png

I had hair and everything!!!! Christ, the size of that fucking monitor!

Fuck yeah Drew! I wish I had pictures of my bedroom studio as a kid. Your shit was way more legit than mine ever was :bag
Those monitors Alex, Tannoy Reveals. I bought them when I was 16, not long after my dad died. My mum felt sorry for me and gave me a bit of money for birthdays and Christmas, so I ended up with those. They were terrible!!! :rofl

The keyboard was an Evolution MK249C - still the best ever midi keyboard I've ever owned. Native Instruments can sod off with their Komplete Kontrol series; this thing was a proper beast!!

The mixer was a Soundcraft, but I don't remember what model it was. Might have to go on a hunt just to satisfy my curiosity!

The bass guitar was some cheap Chinese Fender Jazz knock off I got off eBay for like, £80.

There you go!! Quite a killer little thing to be honest! Totally redundant in 2023 when you can buy 8 channel audio interfaces, but back then I think I just had an Audiophile 24/96. Fun times.

Awesome pics! I'd have to dig pretty deep to find some. Around 2002 I started with an mbox, bought a used Apple G4 Dual Gigabit Ethernet off a neighbor, and taught myself protools. Couple years later got a Digi 002 mixer/interface, Apple G5, various mics, a Presonus Digimax LT / 8-channel preamp with adat out, and KRK Rokit 8 monitors. Funny thing is I still have all of it except the computers. :roflI'm bad about keeping music gear.

Back