The Pot Partaker's Lounge

Man you are probably right, but I'm still skeptical. I don't think you ever really know what's all in those cartridges. Plus the batteries are all made cheaply overseas and we don't really know yet how that aspect affects the process with an unknown cartridge... too many unknowns for me at least right now. I don't think it's only pot related stuff in there, they must add other stuff. I think the companies would put something shitty in there if it benefited them and there really isn't enough regulation or testing to get honest answers that will stand the test of time. Like why did they start to put nicotine in cigs? Only for their benefit right, could have just stuck with a tobacco cig? Humans are greedy bastards.

Like i said I used them in the past and felt my lungs were more irritated than when I stick to bongs, bowls, joints and blunts. Could all be in my head, i could be totally wrong but I just don't trust them yet.

Generally vape juice is vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol then whatever weed concentrate they use. There’s definitely some room for not being 100% sure what‘s in it, but I’ve got to assume that the people making this stuff are on the more cautious side after several people died a couple years back from a bad batch of stuff. I had friends who were making their own vape juice at home for a while, I never tried it, but they were getting jugs of the glycerin and glycol and their own flavorings, but I wasn’t vaping then. It’s all food grade, which helps eliminate some contaminates, but then again…..the FDA let’s us eat rat sh*t, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I quit smoking cigs (I still smoke when I drink) thanks to vapes and that’s one of my few habits left to kick.

I do sometimes get a bit anxious about what I’m doing to my lungs, I mean, putting anything foreign in there really isn’t the brightest idea.

yeah i am not sure on vapes. who knows whats in those things. i feel like my lungs get more irritated by them so I stopped buying them. There were those cases of popcorn lungs from them so it's not exactly like clean smoking imo. It's just so new and I don't think enough time has passed to really determine if it's safer or not.
Sounds like you're conflating concentrate cartridges with nicotine cartridges. Popcorn lung was associated with Diacetyl, a popcorn flavoring that tastes like butter.
Man you are probably right, but I'm still skeptical. I don't think you ever really know what's all in those cartridges. Plus the batteries are all made cheaply overseas and we don't really know yet how that aspect affects the process with an unknown cartridge... too many unknowns for me at least right now. I don't think it's only pot related stuff in there, they must add other stuff. I think the companies would put something shitty in there if it benefited them and there really isn't enough regulation or testing to get honest answers that will stand the test of time. Like why did they start to put nicotine in cigs? Only for their benefit right, could have just stuck with a tobacco cig? Humans are greedy bastards.

Like i said I used them in the past and felt my lungs were more irritated than when I stick to bongs, bowls, joints and blunts. Could all be in my head, i could be totally wrong but I just don't trust them yet.
Nicotine is a natural alkaloid present in tobacco - it was never an additive.

Cartridges from respectable manufacturers are top notch. That stuff is regulated at least here in CA - test samples from all batches are sent to labs for analysis and the results are printed on the packaging. Unregulated homebrew cartridges at the flea markets can be loaded with chemicals, flavorings and other additives and should not be used.

Last edited:

Yup. I agree. Vaping a liquid?? HHmmmmm.....

That's why I do only flower..... and rosin, which is made
directly from flower using heat and pressure.

Using solvents to make badder and shatter seems sketchy to me, too.
They have a system where they are supposed to "purge" the concentrate
and it will remove the residual solvents (usually Butane related). Not sure
I trust that. Like you say, I don't want to be a guinea pig.

Haven't had any THC in more than a decade, after I stopped due to panic attacks getting frequent. Apart from that, I suppose it'll remain illegal over here for quite a while.

Lots of people I know were daily users, some managed to long-term fry their brains with whatever stuff they were ingesting/smoking back then. :(

Still, I'm 100% pro legalization/regulation/taxation/prevention. Stoner teenagers definitely shouldn't feel like or be treated as criminals!

Haven't had any THC in more than a decade, after I stopped due to panic attacks getting frequent. Apart from that, I suppose it'll remain illegal over here for quite a while.

Lots of people I know were daily users, some managed to long-term fry their brains with whatever stuff they were ingesting/smoking back then. :(

Still, I'm 100% pro legalization/regulation/taxation/prevention. Stoner teenagers definitely shouldn't feel like or be treated as criminals!

Funny, because I first read your name at a glance as stonerdrone. :rofl

I really can’t overstate pot’s ability to be the catalyst for creativity for me. I think it was Thursday night I got home from work and I was beat, I was just going to sit on the couch and vegetate for the night but by the time I was blowing out the first hit I wanted to pick up my guitar. Ended up playing all night and I’ve got the foundation of a new song started and most of the riffs figured out. One I actually can’t even play yet, I have to spend a few days practicing it before I can track it, which is pretty much the only time I actually practice anything.

Yeah, pot and stuff. I generally take 3 days off around my birthday and spend those days completely ignoring the fact that I’m an adult with responsibilities, but this weekend (b-day is tomorrow) I’m just chilling out at home with a couple pots of ice coffee waiting for me and some Cereal Milk hybrid!

HappyI really can’t overstate pot’s ability to be the catalyst for creativity for me. I think it was Thursday night I got home from work and I was beat, I was just going to sit on the couch and vegetate for the night but by the time I was blowing out the first hit I wanted to pick up my guitar. Ended up playing all night and I’ve got the foundation of a new song started and most of the riffs figured out. One I actually can’t even play yet, I have to spend a few days practicing it before I can track it, which is pretty much the only time I actually practice anything.

Yeah, pot and stuff. I generally take 3 days off around my birthday and spend those days completely ignoring the fact that I’m an adult with responsibilities, but this weekend (b-day is tomorrow) I’m just chilling out at home with a couple pots of ice coffee waiting for me and some Cereal Milk hybrid!
Have a fantastic b day!!! :beer
sexy dance GIF

I really can’t overstate pot’s ability to be the catalyst for creativity for me. I think it was Thursday night I got home from work and I was beat, I was just going to sit on the couch and vegetate for the night but by the time I was blowing out the first hit I wanted to pick up my guitar. Ended up playing all night and I’ve got the foundation of a new song started and most of the riffs figured out. One I actually can’t even play yet, I have to spend a few days practicing it before I can track it, which is pretty much the only time I actually practice anything.

Yes! Haven't checked out that Cereal Milk strain, but have seen it around.

Never would have pegged you for a Libra, Rev. Huh? :unsure:

Happy Birthday!! :banana Sometimes chilling is the best gift we can receive. :beer

Yup. Kushes and OGs for the win!! :beer

Very much a craft herb vibe here. So. Manyh. Varieties.

My only gripe with that is that when I find a strain that I like (a lot!) it is
sometimes it is hard to find it again. Now when I buy an 1/8th to taste test,
and I like it, I go back for the hefty sack. :banana
I remember some guy I know "cough" in 99 flying to Seattle, renting a new mustang, and heading north to Vancouver to get seeds. He came back with a local indica/sativa fruity hybrid...$250 for 10 seeds...was a product of multiple cannabis cup winners including jack Herer. He chose the fruity instead of skunky variety cuz he was growing in a situation with neighbors on the other side of the wall. Best part was he was able to get the guy to throw in a seed of pure Hindu Kush for free since he took out a loan just to travel over two thousand miles to smuggle seeds. He was sooo lucky ...it turned out to be female and grew a four foot purple monster bud that looked like it was rolled in sugar....OMFG...no wonder pure Hindu Kush was $40 dollars a freaking seed. He and I smoked half a joint before sitting down to watch the world series....I had plush carpet and we ended up passed out on the floor. Lol.... honestly I preferred the hybrid for everyday smoking. The Hindu was like being hit with narcotics.

Last edited:

Happy early birthday D! I just finished a bowl of cereal milk, wild.

Really liking the Fruity Pebbles and Donnie Burger strains right now. FP is a 50/50 hybrid and DB
is a 60/40 Sativa dominant hybrid.

By law we are allowed to grow up to 12 plants for personal use. The other guitarist in the band
hosts our rehearsal space and he grew some really nice plants outdoors this year. It's mostly cured.

Should be a fun night. :idk

Yes! Haven't checked out that Cereal Milk strain, but have seen it around.

Never would have pegged you for a Libra, Rev. Huh? :unsure:

Happy Birthday!! :banana Sometimes chilling is the best gift we can receive. :beer

Dude, I’m enough of a libra that it made me buy into astrology.

Dude, I’m enough of a libra that it made me buy into astrology.

Man, I fell in love with a Libra who was curious about everything, and couldn't make up her mind
about anything. :idk

That was rough, but we turned out to be great friends who shared a lot of experiences. We did a lot
of quasi-spiritual/sacred things together. Chanting. Crystal Healing Bowls (that was cool). Lakota Sweat
Lodges (transformational). Mushrooms (need I say more?). Pranayama Yoga (which sounded like a freaking
orgy in the room with dozens of people doing it, cracked me the f up! I couldn't stop laughing once the
notion was in my head. Cue the intense breathing! :LOL: )) We hiked Mt. Shasta together. Next day we camped
at Crater Lake for several days while 9/11 was going on and we were off grid and oblivious until we left and
called home to check on her folks and they told us). She dragged me to Lilith Fair (have never been so
immersed in estrogen before or since). She did her thesis while we were on again/off again. We watched
Wizard of Oz while synced to Dark Side Of The Moon for thre first time in our lives. And she used to cast stones
and toss Runes when it came to even simple things like going to a movie or something. She was impossible
and fucking amazing. Such an inspiring person and time.

I love how most Librans I have known are so curious and open-minded. But never ask one where to go to eat.
It will take all night!! And you may end the night hungry. ;)

Man, I fell in love with a Libra who was curious about everything, and couldn't make up her mind
about anything. :idk

That was rough, but we turned out to be great friends who shared a lot of experiences. We did a lot
of quasi-spiritual/sacred things together. Chanting. Crystal Healing Bowls (that was cool). Lakota Sweat
Lodges (transformational). Mushrooms (need I say more?). Pranayama Yoga (which sounded like a freaking
orgy in the room with dozens of people doing it, cracked me the f up! I couldn't stop laughing once the
notion was in my head. Cue the intense breathing! :LOL: )) We hiked Mt. Shasta together. Next day we camped
at Crater Lake for several days while 9/11 was going on and we were off grid and oblivious until we left and
called home to check on her folks and they told us). She dragged me to Lilith Fair (have never been so
immersed in estrogen before or since). She did her thesis while we were on again/off again. We watched
Wizard of Oz while synced to Dark Side Of The Moon for thre first time in our lives. And she used to cast stones
and toss Runes when it came to even simple things like going to a movie or something. She was impossible
and f*****g amazing. Such an inspiring person and time.

I love how most Librans I have known are so curious and open-minded. But never ask one where to go to eat.
It will take all night!! And you may end the night hungry. ;)

Yeaaaaahhhhhh that's certainly spot on for me. :rofl The downside of that curiosity/open mind is that understanding everyone's POV leaves you with "Uh....well, uh....I can't really make a decision one way or the other..." :LOL:

Or when there's 30 great food places around and you're not in the mood for any specific, I regularly sit on Uber Eats for 45 minutes before I order anything.

Back