The Grail Has Arrived

Axe

Roadie
Maybe just maybe continuation..... Maybe just maybe the third time is indeed a charm. The Grail has arrived.:banana
I've been gasing for this model since it's inception but could never justify the price.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 173
I've had several over the years. They are really nice guitars. I've sold them all off though.
Enjoy this one and hope it works out for you.

I’ve yet to play an LP with a Floyd and I’m extremely curious how they feel. I’m not going to play an Epi Alex Lifeson model and gauge it off that, though. :rofl

We need closeups, @Axe, something with that many stripes is askin’ for closeups!!

I'm going over this with a fine tooth comb today. String change and a complete setup. I can't find anything wrong with it. I hate nibs but these are done very well, I didn't have touch one on either side of the fretboard. I don't believe this has ever been the case before. I can't find a seam in the body so I believe it's a one pc body. The Floyd could be a higher quality but sewing machine oil helps greatly. I'm fine so far with the stock pickups. The neck great! The heel cutaway helps on the upper register but honestly I don't have that big of an issue on my other Std and Classic Lesters.

Every time I get a good Gibson I f like I've won the lottery because it doesn't happen very often. I've sent the last three back..

I send EVERYTHING back but thus far I don't have the slightest inclination to send it back.

Attachments

• IMG_1412.JPG
    IMG_1412.JPG
    690.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    894.4 KB · Views: 41
Guys, ya know if you click on the pcs I supply, they blow up quite large and in pretty high def :cool:

Very stoked for you mister! Such a beautiful guitar, just classic perfection! :chef

Glad to hear it's clean and clear, too!

Mega congrats and may you love it long time! :banana:grin:pickle

Reactions: Axe
Killer NGD. Congrats on winning the Gibson QC lottery. They don't get it right all of the time, but when they do they are great guitars.

Reactions: Axe
Thanks fellas. I thought I'd take a couple group shots with my crap iPhone camera..
L-R 2020 Classic, 2024 Axcess, 2018 Std..
I don't have a "full image" option and I'm looking at a 46" monitor so these are huge to me. Another reason I don't do the interweb on my phone :sofa

Attachments

• IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    622.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    691.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    567.3 KB · Views: 131
Back