The Food Thread

James Freeman

Rock Star
It's not gear but totally necessary for the collective well being of this forum, plus, you might get some inspiration.

I like a good omelette and sushi.

Omelette-blog-3.jpg

Take-away-sushi-rolls_3781NM.jpg

We also have a few Pizza threads.

I’m definitely a medium rare guy for everything but filets and prime rib, those need to be rare.

I’m definitely a medium rare guy for everything but filets and prime rib, those need to be rare.
I used to be excited about prime rib from a few local spots but anymore; everything that isn't expressly a specific steak cut is just some sort of sliced pot roast turd. It's actually one of my restaurant going pet peeves :cuss

I made this chicken parm last week that was pretty bangin’. I always wait until Publix has the really good pasta sauce on sale for buy one, get one and stock up. That’s one of the few things I don’t mind spending more-than-necessary on, good pasta sauce. Mixed up a ton of grated parm/romano/asiago cheese in the breadcrumbs and used this fresh mozzarella that was almost like ricotta in the center of mozz. I could barely get off the couch when I was done eating this.

4802FEB5-B0CD-4838-81D8-E0497DE1E5A6.jpeg

I used to be excited about prime rib from a few local spots but anymore; everything that isn't expressly a specific steak cut is just some sort of sliced pot roast turd. It's actually one of my restaurant going pet peeves :cuss

That’s a bummer! If you got a Longhorn anywhere near by they use a decent cut for their prime ribs; it’s actually the exact same cut they make all their ribeyes with. Well, as long as they prep it right and it’s not some turd just trying to cook one in an hour. Them bastards gotta sit overnight and slow roast.

I like my tofu block marinated with basil. :idk

I tried getting into tofu so many times when I was doing the plant-based thing, but I just can’t do it. I’ve prepared it in EVERY possible way and it just won’t work for me, I can’t do the texture. The closest I got was frying it which gave it a little crispy texture but still, that middle was like coagulated nothing. :rofl

This thread is bad for me. Have I ever mentioned I used to be 300lbs? :LOL:

Also, that omelette in the OP is overcooked. Eggs should not be brown. If that was served to me I'd be saddled with the dilemma of going full on Karen vs just being disappointed with my choice until my next meal.

This thread is bad for me. Have I ever mentioned I used to be 300lbs? :LOL:

Also, that omelette in the OP is overcooked. Eggs should not be brown. If that was served to me I'd be saddled with the dilemma of going full on Karen vs just being disappointed with my choice until my next meal.
NOT MY OMELETTE!

Anyone likes sea food?
I like shrimps because it's the only sea food besides fish I've tried, never had more exotic sea food like oysters or lobster.

Anyone likes sea food?
I like shrimps because it's the only sea food besides fish I've tried, never had more exotic sea food like oysters or lobster.

Sushi is all I can do, cooked seafood doesn’t do it for me, it all tastes the same and I’m just not a fan of the taste of fish. Raw doesn’t seem to be an issue, though. I can put down a good amount of sushi.

Have you ever thought about the idea that if shrimp and lobster weren't seafood, and were land animals - would we eat them? I dunno, crustaceans are like the bugs of the sea, and I ain't ever eating bugs. Again. :LOL:
My crustaceans intake=crab rangoon :whistle :guiness

Back