The difference a year makes

metropolis_4

Shredder
Last year’s family photo:

E3CE01D9-37DD-4C07-903E-54B0146DC50D.jpeg

Today (one year later):

51885695-973E-4849-8FED-0C9120142D92.jpeg

Purging and simplifying feels good :cool:

The only reason the Tele is still there is because I can’t seem to give it away… remember that Seinfeld episode where George couldn’t get rid of the art book? Or the one where they couldn’t get rid of the muffin bottoms because not even the homeless wanted them? That’s what it feels like trying to get rid of a Warmoth :rofl

Nice work! I like your "after" selections.

Man I am SO due to a gear purge, although it won't be guitars. I've got probably $2-3k worth of pickups, headphones, and speakers I need to get rid of. Honestly though, after picking up the Katana Artist amp, I feel like I could do a SERIOUS purge. I don't necessarily want to get rid of the Fractal or anything, but all these pedals and practice amps and potentially even modelers, don't seem as necessary. Not because the Katana is amazing, but because the speaker is the biggest impact on the overall tone and if you tweak that, the upstream isn't nearly as important.

Nice work! I like your "after" selections.

Man I am SO due to a gear purge, although it won't be guitars. I've got probably $2-3k worth of pickups, headphones, and speakers I need to get rid of. Honestly though, after picking up the Katana Artist amp, I feel like I could do a SERIOUS purge. I don't necessarily want to get rid of the Fractal or anything, but all these pedals and practice amps and potentially even modelers, don't seem as necessary. Not because the Katana is amazing, but because the speaker is the biggest impact on the overall tone and if you tweak that, the upstream isn't nearly as important.

I went through all that stuff too. I got rid of every pedal, every pedalboard, all the pickups I’ve accumulated, everything.

I’ve now got an AxeFX III and an SY-1000 and that’s it

Last year’s family photo:

View attachment 6854

Today (one year later):

View attachment 6853

Purging and simplifying feels good :cool:

The only reason the Tele is still there is because I can’t seem to give it away… remember that Seinfeld episode where George couldn’t get rid of the art book? Or the one where they couldn’t get rid of the muffin bottoms because not even the homeless wanted them? That’s what it feels like trying to get rid of a Warmoth :rofl

Copperhead Road ? :D

1682703704669.png

How are you digging the SY at this point? You've had it for quite a bit. By my standards, at least :bag :rofl

I like it! I got it to fill in gaps like random special instruments and for a backup/second/small gig rig and it’s been great for those things.

It’s not always the most amazing sounding thing (especially the electric guitar amps and effects), but it’s been a super useful tool and all the sounds read just fine in a mix.

Last show had one spot that called for a 12 string and I didn’t want to set everything up for a real one for that one spot so I used this and it was perfect.

And the nylon string sounds with the Godin -> SY -> AxeFX are the best I’ve ever had :chef :chef :chef

I’m neck deep in bass gigs the next couple months and the bass sounds are working out really well! It’s awesome being able to jump between upright acoustic, P bass, and active bass sounds all with one instrument

Nice work man, suprised you didn't keep the Dot (such great guitars)!

I'm considering a bit of a purge myself. I have more Teles than I do pairs of socks, so yeah, it may be time...

I loved the Epi, but my goal was to get rid of everything possible and I wanted to get down to only 2 electrics (thought about just 1, but I have to have a backup)

The black Strat and LP both have major sentimental value so they were kind of chosen by default

The only reason the Tele is still there is because I can’t seem to give it away

Well I still love that partscaster Tele. So much so that:

1. It was the first thing that I searched for it in your photo
2. I note that you've changed the pickguard from white to tort!

Curious as to why you changed the guard on it, when you wanted rid of it?

Its been a hell of a year for me as well

Sold 2 HR "FRFR"-8, bought Line6 2 PowerCabs
Sold M-Audio Audio interface, upgraded to Motu M2
Sold Revstar 1, Bought New Revstar II
Sold Alesis Studio Monitors, Bought Presonus Eris 6 XT
Bought Fractal FM9 and EXP Pedal, Sold Helix

Think im done :whistle

Well I still love that partscaster Tele. So much so that:

1. It was the first thing that I searched for it in your photo
2. I note that you've changed the pickguard from white to tort!

Curious as to why you changed the guard on it, when you wanted rid of it?

I decided since I was stuck with it I might as well go back to the EMGs and I didn’t like the way the black EMG pickup looked against the white guard, so I threw on the tort for now. I wish EMG would offer metal covers for their Tele neck pickups.

Honestly it’s a killer guitar. One of the best Tele’s I’ve ever had.

I know tort is controversial but I actually really like it, and I like the look of it up close on this guitar

0BF7CE57-AD99-4393-BBEE-51B6D7357085.jpeg

DD3F7DD2-C4EC-4773-B46C-10545AE5F4C9.jpeg

Back