The Coffee Thread

Been a while since I posted. Been enjoying these two:

4814E8ED-D099-4005-A0C3-E8278AC8B4B8.jpeg

21C35838-D2AF-4BB9-AB71-8C46F5FB2775.jpeg

The Gesha is absolute fire!

What are all you nerds using for water? Currently using distilled/Third Wave and have been pretty happy with the results. Just thinking of trying something different.

Last edited:
What are all you nerds using for water? Currently using distilled/Third Wave and have been pretty happy with the results. Just thinking of trying something different.

View attachment 20288

Our tap water comes straight from the alps and is filtered. Bottled water from supermarkets is weird, at least over here - unless it's sparkling, of course.

PS: That alpine tap water is also used to flush the John. Yes. Luxury crappers.

Our tap water comes straight from the alps and is filtered. Bottled water from supermarkets is weird, at least over here - unless it's sparkling, of course.

PS: That alpine tap water is also used to flush the John. Yes. Luxury crappers.
My tap water comes from the river and is full of chlorine and only God knows what. I tried bottled spring and “drinking” water, but the hardness made for some very bitter coffee.

Unfortunately using distilled and mixing my own is the only way I can make consistent, and excellent tasting coffee. Nerdy, I know. But when you’re spending the coin that I am on beans, it’s worth it.

The tap water in my area in central Florida is ozonated, which improves taste. The water is chemically treated, but I charcoal filter the water, and let it sit overnight to allow for chlorine evaporation.

Back